Spartans Home

Bad Company 2

IDAN

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 developer DICE has announced its upcoming shooter sequel will support dedicated servers.

Clearly having observed the recent controversies surrounding the lack of dedicated server support for Operation Flashpoint and Modern Warfare 2 on the PC, the developer revealed PC gamers have no reason to worry about Bad Company 2.

?Since Battlefield 1942 DICE has used dedicated servers for all platforms,? said DICE?s Gordon Van Dyke on the official site.

?This formula has worked well, and still works well, for us and for the gaming community. We have stayed true to this practice and will continue this tradition into the upcoming title Battlefield Bad Company 2. ?

He went on to explain why dedicated servers are preferred on PC to the console-like peer to peer method.

?Other games use player-hosted or 'peer to peer' solutions, often resulting in a "host with the most" situation; where the player hosting the match has an advantage over other players connected to their game,? he said.

?Everyone else is dependent on the host's internet connection and if they don't have a great connection neither will you regardless how great of an internet you have. Also, unless server migration is implemented the game ends when that hosting player quits the game forcing you to find another player-host or start your own. With dedicated servers everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player and their internet.

?This makes dedicated servers the best solution for online PC gaming hands down! So rest assured PC players, Battlefield will stay true to its roots offering dedicated servers to all its players and continue the tradition of the ultimate FPS gaming experience!?

LOOKS GREAT NOT REALISTIC AS ARMA BUT STILL LOOKS GOOD

?Since Battlefield 1942 DICE has used dedicated servers for all platforms,? said DICE?s Gordon Van Dyke on the official site.

?This formula has worked well, and still works well, for us and for the gaming community. We have stayed true to this practice and will continue this tradition into the upcoming title Battlefield Bad Company 2. ?

oh thank god at least they are not traitors, turncoats at IW

The FPS HUD has the right features from BF2. The circular overhead map, grenades+remaining rounds, spot on. I like the destruction models as well, nice complexity.

I didn't see any command or coordination features for the players. If, even with dedi servers, it's little more than MW2 as a fast uncoordinated FPS, then I'll suck at it and spend my money on something else.