Spartans Home

Geek Help Needed

Postal

As a lot of you know, there is a very large chance that I will be taking off to Afghanistan in the near future. I had a "job interview" today to see if I am one of the ones that are going. They have to leave some people in the rear to maintain things here. In my discussion with the LTC and SMA we discussed my computer education and they are needing some one that maintain and troubleshoot a network. I am the only one with that education and knowledge. I admitted to them that I am little rusty and little behind on some of the technology. They told me to start studying up, and I took that as a hint. If I am luck enough to go and have this slot, it could do wonders for military career.

Here is the part that I am seeking guidance on. Below you will see a list things that I need to refresh myself on. If you have or know of FREE (preferably) study guides that could help me, please pass them on.

Excel

pivot tables

merging data

Databases

maintaining on a network

setup one a network

Networking

priviledges and permissions(I know and remember most of this)

connectivity issues

repair network connections

Powerpoint in general

Any other info that you supply regarding to any of this would really help me. I am really looking for something that I can put on a thumbdrive and reference when needed. As long as I have somewhere to look it up, I can find an answer.

You can email me at jlstrader@gmail.com

Remember. Its not about knowing everything off hand all the time, its knowing WHERE to find what you need to know, WHEN you need to know it.

If you have the reference material, you can find anything.

I will look for you when I get home tonight.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~