Spartans Home

New Nvidia Drivers - Specifically mentions ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

* Adds support for OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8, 9, 100, and 200-series GPUs and ION GPUs.

* Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):

o Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2

o Up to 8% performance increase in Batman: Arkham Asylum with GPU PhysX enabled

o Up to 50% performance increase in Call of Juarez: Blood in Bound with SLI enabled

o Up to 14% performance increase in Fallout 3 (indoor scenes) with antialiasing enabled

o Up to 10% performance increase in Far Cry 2 (DX9 version) with antialiasing enabled

o Up to 34% performance increase in Prototype with antialiasing enabled

* Adds SLI support for Aion, Darkfall, Dawn of Magic 2: Time of Shadows, Dreamkiller, Fuel, Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, Need for Speed: Shift and more.

* Includes numerous bug fixes, including the following key fix (additional bug fixes can be found in the release notes on the documentation tab): For graphics cards supporting multiple clock states, 3D clocks correctly return to 2D clocks after exiting a 3D application.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Nice, thanks for the update. I was running the beta version for a week with subtle improvement.

Edit to the edit: It's up and running, but I promised my wife that I wouldn't touch ARMA II until Friday (I was in hot water after being on so late yesterday). I'll try it soon.

Edit: After a painful series of CTD-to-lockup last night, I have the installer on a flash drive at work ready to go when I get home. Question for those using the new driver...

Do you keep the same tweaks as discussed on the BI forums for Nvidia drivers, specifically:

Disabling Physx

Force VSYNC off

Alter Renderframesahead in ARMA2.cfg (never did that, but does it help, and what change to I enter?)

Max pre-rendered frames to 8 from 2.

Additional changes I expect to keep using are commandline parameters (not as shown here, just from my memory)maxmem2047, cpu 2, no splash, winxp. Also disp 12xx x 10xx

I see a number of other changes here, but I don't know if I need to go that far. Given the relative stability of the game, I'm happy to maintain 30FPS as long as I don't crash so much.

(E8400 OCd to 3.6Ghz, 4G PC28500 5-5-5-15, WestDig Blue series HD, Palit 9800GT, 450wpsu, Gigabyte EP45-UD3L)

Edited by Ebden