Spartans Home

The Shooter's Sandwich

MedicSN6

I was looking for a Sub forum to put this in but I could find nothing that fit. Any chance we can add a 'Food and Brew' sub forum to the General section?

This sandwich looks delicious. I am going to try and make this at some point. I bet it would be great with a Clam Chouder (New England) or even a classic French Onion Soup.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/gallery/2010/apr/07/how-to-make-shooters-sandwich#/?picture=360719874&index=0

At first, i was kinda thinking, "that looks effin nasty". then i saw the final product. Most def trying to make one of these. With bacon of course (most likely tucked under the first steak). Thanks for posting this.

Way too much effort for a sandwich.

Not hardly. Just the waiting part would be tough. Considering how much prep time goes in to cooking a home cooked meal with quality ingredients, about 10 min to prep the mushrooms and shallots and the bread bowl while heating your pans to saute the vegetables and cook the steaks, about 10-15 min depending on how you like them, to cook the steaks, and 5 min to build the sandwich properly, and then the 6 hours to flatten it. This isn't a lot f time at all. You can add more time if you marinate the meat.

When I make beef or deer jerky I marinate the meat for about 72 hours before hand, then I dehydrate it in the oven for about 12 hours or until the right tenderness.

Good food is a process. Making good food isn't fast or slow, it just takes that amount of time.

Not hardly. Just the waiting part would be tough. Considering how much prep time goes in to cooking a home cooked meal with quality ingredients, about 10 min to prep the mushrooms and shallots and the bread bowl while heating your pans to saute the vegetables and cook the steaks, about 10-15 min depending on how you like them, to cook the steaks, and 5 min to build the sandwich properly, and then the 6 hours to flatten it. This isn't a lot f time at all. You can add more time if you marinate the meat.

When I make beef or deer jerky I marinate the meat for about 72 hours before hand, then I dehydrate it in the oven for about 12 hours or until the right tenderness.

Good food is a process. Making good food isn't fast or slow, it just takes that amount of time.

Very well said.