Spartans Home

Left 4 Dead 2

I was part of the Left 4 Dead 2 Launch last night--for all of 30 minutes before my Comcast Internet service stopped working. I've had Comcast now for almost 18 months, and I've NEVER had a problem with it until now; figures it would go out when I needed it most.

Anyhow, it's working again, and I wanted to let you guys know that I'll be hosting a L4D2 server from GameServers.com (I've used them before, excellent service) just as soon as Valve fixes a certain bug; there's a console command that allows you to force your lobby to join a specific server, but it's not working at the moment.

The server will be open to the public, but it will also have the ability to be password-protected in the event that any Spartans and our guests want to play a game without any random asshats jumping in. The server will run from one of two data centers, either Dallas or Seattle. If Seattle is available, I'll use them, because I getter a better ping there.

As soon as it's up and running, I'll post the IP and any other necessary info. I have no problem branding the server with Sparta-related info, although I'll hold off on doing so until discussing the matter with the senior members.

The server is up and running. It is currently open to the public; the join IP is 63.209.32.57:27015. The server name is--what else?--"Legion of Sparta".

*** EDIT: Duh. More info: If you create a game lobby and want to join this server specifically, at the console you type in:

mm_dedicated_force_servers 63.209.32.57:27015

If you want to search for the server to see if it's active, at the console type:

openserverbrowser

The server is located in Dallas, TX, USA. Closest thing I could get to something centrally located in the US.

Have fun!

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...