Spartans Home

Rogue Warrior - Bethesda

Ebden~SPARTA~

This one's coming out in a month. I haven't seen hardy any press on the game, it's been rumbling around development since 2006.

At first glance Rogue Warrior doesn't look like quite the thing, but Bethesda has done some of the best games I've played (Oblivion, Fallout 3). Marcinko, the game's character, is also a Navy vet and author living in VA.

This one's coming out in a month. I haven't seen hardy any press on the game, it's been rumbling around development since 2006.

At first glance Rogue Warrior doesn't look like quite the thing, but Bethesda has done some of the best games I've played (Oblivion, Fallout 3). Marcinko, the game's character, is also a Navy vet and author living in VA.

I totally agree. Oblivion and Fallout3 are one of my absolute favourite games ever (as I personally also love RPGs).

Especially Oblivion is an absolute awsome game. I never felt so free in gameplay and character-developing like in Oblivion. Also I think its engine is very powerful. But first of all it is the how detailed the game is made. I mean its not only to create a RPG and let somebody conquere dungeons, ruins, castles etc. It is also to create a new world with its history and culture.

And therefore I think that Oblivion is a fantastic sequal to Morrowind, which also was a fantastic game. I just think that in Oblivion they corrected the small things I was complaining about.

Anyway for me Oblivion is a game which is couldn´t have been done better.

Fallout3 on the other hand could have been done better. My biggest complain about the game is the weaponary. I plaid in those days the whole Fallout series and I thought when Bethesda will bring out Fallout3 they will advance a little bit in this case. To be honest at the end of Fallout3 I got a little bit bored.

The Rogue Warrior trailer looks fantastic. Lets see what Bethesda will release.

However I would like a sequal to Oblivion. A "The elder scrolls 5".

However I would like a sequal to Oblivion. A "The elder scrolls 5".

Oblivion addons/mods are available here. It's not quite ES-5, but if you managed to explore all of Oblivion and the associated developer addons, then try that site.

Rogue Warrior looks like the male-hero version of Bethesda's other new game, Wet (femme-hero). Both are about superkills, rambo stuff. Rogue hints at the splinter cell series a bit, renegade/rambo US spy guy.

I feel the same way about Bethesda, which makes me wonder (and a bit worried) about how I did not hear about this game until now. Everything I've heard about the company as of late has focused on their new property "Brink" (developed with Splash Damage), as well as the usual speculation and rumors surrounding Elder Scrolls V.

I'll say this, though: I've always been impressed enough with Bethesda' products that I would be willing to take the risk and purchase the game without hearing anything more about it. Of course, I'll be following up on the development of this game from now on, but I believe enough in Bethesda's commitment to making quality products that I would gamble on it.

By the way, if anyone reading this works for Bethesda, please PM me so I can let you know where to send the money.