Spartans Home

This is your Fly-Catcher

Hey all!

It's been too long. A year or so perhaps since I've really engaged the community. So I'm a dick. Sorry. I'm helping refugees. Sue me.

However, if you also want to help refugees, can I make a selfish appeal to someone with decent graphic skills?

Who's ever been in a plane and opened the in-flight safety card? Or seen internationally-accepted graphical instructions? Right, all of you. Good.

I've been tasked through a volunteer project to create an instructional placard for fly-catchers. The instructions will be in arabic (not asking y'all for that part), with three images showing how to set up, open/close, and rinse this fly catcher. Size will be 1/4 of an A4 sheet, and all black and white.

See where I'm going with this?

If someone has the graphical skills, I'd like to collaborate for the base template of this thing, including giving you credit on the placard if you like, which will potentially be seen by tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in Jordan.

So- base template. I need to be able to edit it here, preferably in a word document in the end with photoshop or other images exported and inserted.

Remember that in Arabic reading is from right to left.

This is one of those times to go as simple as humanly possible for these refugees. They've been through enough and apathy/gumption/initiative is at a lifetime low for these families.

Here is an image of a sketch I used in a meeting the other day. Image 1 is alone on the right, then follow the arrows around. I need space for 2-3 bullets on each side.

sketch.jpg

Image 1- the fly catcher as-is, except it does not have a hanging string. This string/line/wire will go through two layers of bottle, from the outside-in, then up to some hook in the refugee tent, then back down.

Filled_first_image.jpg

Image 2 - lifting the top off/placing on. When removing the lid, it will slide up the string/line/wire and flick out of the way but always attached.

Removing_lid_second_image.jpg

Image 3 - dumping the contents. Easy enough.

Dumping_3rd_image.jpg

Anyone get the general idea and know how to turn this basic idea into some black/white outline cartoon/drawings? Myself, the volunteers I work with, and the refugees will be very thankful.

I wish I could offer to pay, but I'm working for free myself.

Thanks a ton! I'm available to discuss.