Spartans Home

door knob

measure from the roor edge to the center of the hole, that will give you the back set measurement. Should be a standard back set, 2 sizes are most popular. the hole looks standard so if it is, and also a interior door. Should not be a problem at all.

That pic looks like the jam. and not the door it self.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

doorknobfordummies.png

The key here is that there are three holes in the face of the door instead of one large one as I am familiar with. And, yes, it's an interior door to a bathroom.

Edited by Tyler~SPARTA~

Aren't the two smaller holes just the fixing holes for the fascia plate?

You're right. Those two holes are for the screws that hold the two pieces together. The problem here is that all of the knobs I've run across so far have metal bits around the assembly that make it impossible to fit. They're designed for a single, large hole meant to accept the whole thing.

I'm on the same page as Watchy. I've seen that pattern often, just usually not that large of mounting holes. Picture might just make them look bigger, though.

What happened to the knob that was there to start with?

Attempted to replace it because my dog got locked in because the knob wouldn't turn the latch (how it did so to lock the door in first place is beyond me...). The whole thing fell apart in my hand when I removed it. So, unfortunately, it's not going back on the door. And, yes, those holes are a bit larger than they were originally. Dry, brittle wood + violent manhandling expanded them a bit.

I'll keep looking... surely someone's got something that'll fit. Thanks, guys.

Ty,

If the setback distance from the center of the main hole to the edge of door is standard, then draw a circle around the main hole a diameter equal to about 1/8" beyond each small hole. After drawing circle use jigsaw (rent one if you have to) or small hand coping saw and saw the hole larger (make one big hole for the doorset), then use a standard door handle set.

P.S. Don't break the mirror or you may have the same bad luck Steel had and get a large ass.

Ty,

If the setback distance from the center of the main hole to the edge of door is standard, then draw a circle around the main hole a diameter equal to about 1/8" beyond each small hole. After drawing circle use jigsaw (rent one if you have to) or small hand coping saw and saw the hole larger (make one big hole for the doorset), then use a standard door handle set.

P.S. Don't break the mirror or you may have the same bad luck Steel had and get a large ass.

I thought about this, actually. But, the wood is so dry and brittle, I'm afraid I'll split it.

I think lowes or home depot have a good lock installing kitt, it comes with a jigg that locks in place on the door, and comes with 2 hole saws so one can install a lock set in a door with no door knob holes at all. You can get that kitt and use it to locate and redrill the holes to regular size to accpet a regular lock set. check into it.