Spartans Home

MechWarrior Online - some update

Batwing~SPARTA~

Hopefully having eyefinity will make my application interesting enough to get in. :thumbsup_anim:

world of.tanks beta was paytoplay

Not true. I and many other beta testers for world of tanks did not pay one single cent and were given free tank + slot + gold when the game went live.

Edited by AlarmedBread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully having eyefinity will make my application interesting enough to get in. :thumbsup_anim:

Not true. I and many other beta testers for world of tanks did not pay one single cent and were given free tank + slot + gold when the game went live.

Intresting not wot I was told but I wasn't there so I'll take your word on it mate.

We are happy to announce that you have been approved for Closed Beta!

Please check your profile page for further instructions.

The MechWarrior® Online? Dev Team.

Arse.

Still pending lol

• 2 weeks later...

Lonely... A Spartan is not made to fight alone.

At some point we need to discuss seting up a merc company,

Ive joined a small outfit to gain some exp during beta but we will need 12 pilots plus to set up our own. Really we need two companys, one for each tz but I doubt we can achieve this.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

Recent events changed my mind regarding their paid BETA thing.

Open BETA will be starting June 19 and if "necessary" I will buy the $30 package. Now I do believe this game deserve some trust.

I also thought about many other discussions were I have been arguing legitimate project being funded on Kickstarter. To be fair i have to say that if i have to fund something, at least in this way I am funding something that gotr some hard work on and is there, close to release date.

I will be back in MechWarrior proudly and I hope Sparta can pull out a team or possibly 2 (timezone issue and ping problems).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noob.. what are you smoking recently> if you don t like this game, your pot ahs to be pretty good .. lol..

Are you kidding me? besides you got a video from a Jenner light mech, which in my opinion is not exactly the best representation on how a Mech game plays, This video (Pirate one, because BETA footage is not authorized) however sows some nice game mechanics. I don t see what is "terrible" about it :)

It is pretty darn wel done and is growing up esponentially, so.. I mean.. really ? Send me some of your stuff man.. don t you know that not sharing good stuff is a Sin ?? :)lolol..

Collision is there. In fact, if you are mentioning toward the end, that jenner went thru a Commando and rammed the commando, in fact the Commando crashed on the ground.

"It s a BETA" however collision is there for what we saw on other video mostly it results in crashing the involved mechs on the ground.

Is it just me or is there no player colision mapping? Looked like a mech walked straight through the cockpit in the video?

I'm gonna let you enthusiasts play the beta and see what you think before purchasing.

I think it is free to play mate

Custard, it might be free to play, but you still have to purchase the initial software. After my disappointment with GRFS, I'll wait and see what you guys think first. Not that I'm worried it will be anywhere near as bad as GRFS...

Batwing, I was referring to right at the beginning of the video. Might have been someone who spawned in at the same spot as him or something, though.