Spartans Home

MechWarrior Online - some update

Batwing~SPARTA~

yes, I did hate the game, I did get my refund. But they forgot to cancel the account, killerbees was annoying me for over three days for me to play with him that it would be different, and I ended up playing and enjoying the game.

Edited by Skazbr~SPARTA~

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The " Hot on the Radar" buzzer is starting to chirp in some main stream gaming circles relating to MechWarrior. The game has a very clear and divided following at the moment.

The divisions are as follows:

• E-R=D's: Those that either have invested time or money into this or some other game in the series and feel short changed by either content or their gaming experiences in general . The gap between expectations and their reality equals disappointment (E-R=D). Disappointment and lack of understanding of the games core mechanics are the most common reasons for this groups existence.

• <3's: Those that love the story, the lore and the history of the franchise and will enjoy the game for what it is in any form due to nostalgic obedience. A Cult like following similar to Star Wars, Star Trek or DC Comic fans. These are the true fans or fan-boi's of the game and will be playing it long after the media hype settles.

• Meh: Those that have played the series in the past but remember the game as being a twist on FPS meets Tank. May get involved only because of the social interaction with their mates that is created in the multi-player. They will try it if it is free, they may dabble in it but the game just doesn't have enough Umph to draw them in.

I'm a Meh'er, where are you?

Edited by Hajimoto

Lol..

Should you ask it?

<3 !!!!!! Fanboy and addicted, totally biased opinion and also a bit racist.. if you don t like this game, i am not even sure i like you anymore as a person and i doubt you should have a right of vote to the next elections ...

Is this answering your question?

I don't fall into any of those categories, I'm a total noob to mechwarrior. Most awesome tanks ever. :thumbsup_anim:

Very optimistic about the free to play model and the direction this company is headed so I purchased a founders pack. I didn't care for previous mechwarrior games because fighting a dumb NPC in slow paced battles is no challenge at all. If there is a possibility of large scale mech battles like PvP ARMA tank battles I will be a pig in shit.

• 1 month later...

Open Beta is effective.

Tons of new players coming in. The Client is still at a sort of 70% efficency and many features are still missing, however Devs are doing a great job and are providing solutions for bugs of any kind (BETA).

If you mind to give a shot to it, REMEMBER:

Try to play together. With someone you know and you can work as a team. also if you are not going to be a full team (8), try to team up in 3 or 4 and the experience will be very good.

Try to play alone and the frustration level will be at the Stars....

If you don't have any buddies on at the time you wish to play, there are plenty of "Dropship" TS servers out there too. Just pop into the Looking for group/dropship channel and you'll be in a full team pretty quick!

If the whole team is on TS, you really own the battlefield a lot easier.

This game has some good potential!

Actually the Premium is already active.. and perfectly working. Therefore whoever is a Founder is getting an extra 2 weeks of premium time.

In fact I am trying to use that right now at the best.. and then.. we will see when i will push the botton :)

And bytheway.. this open beta is really much like the "release"... with the difference they are still testing stuff and will provide adjustments.. which is something they will do anyway also when the world Beta will disappear (if ever..)

There just isn't enough content right now to keep interested. If this is all the game will be I'll be very disappointed. They really need to add content and replay value or this is going to be a hardcore flop. C'mon 24v24 conquest. :thumbsup_anim: