Spartans Home

MechWarrior Online - some update

Batwing~SPARTA~

Custard, it might be free to play, but you still have to purchase the initial software. After my disappointment with GRFS, I'll wait and see what you guys think first. Not that I'm worried it will be anywhere near as bad as GRFS...

Batwing, I was referring to right at the beginning of the video. Might have been someone who spawned in at the same spot as him or something, though.

Actually that is incorrect.

When it will be released as F2P, it will be Free. There is no software of any kind you have to buy to play. What you see for sale now are just "Founders" packages, where you buy the package mostly to show support to the project.

They come with some perks but are nothing too special IMO

Buying any of the Founders pack give you immediate access to the BETA which is way more improved now than what it was a few weeks ago.

They are doing an excellent job and I am confident the final product will be top notch.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that is incorrect.

When it will be released as F2P, it will be Free. There is no software of any kind you have to buy to play. What you see for sale now are just "Founders" packages, where you buy the package mostly to show support to the project.

They come with some perks but are nothing too special IMO

Buying any of the Founders pack give you immediate access to the BETA which is way more improved now than what it was a few weeks ago.

They are doing an excellent job and I am confident the final product will be top notch.

What he said. Ha. :rolleyes:

there is no collision for 1st 30 secs then its on.

you can sign up for beta and youre name is put into a random draw. either lucky or not.

a FUNDERS PACKAGE grants instant access.

This is a good game, frozen city was the first map released the others are improving all he time

my 2 Cents

• 3 weeks later...

The Founder’s Program will close on Thursday, September 6th. This is your last chance to pick up some exclusive MechWarrior Online goodies, since these will NEVER go on sale again!

Check out this video, they need to get more of these made and out in the public eye! Keep in mind this isn't even the final graphics engine, as far as I've read DX11 is not yet implemented.

I really hope they ramp up advertising soon, so many people have never even heard of this game. Remembering there hasn't been a proper release since 2002, many young gamers have no clue what a mech is. The videos look awesome, hopefully they can deliver on all fronts. :fingerscrossed:

Here is another interview article - http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/20/kelly-zmak-mechwarrior-interview/

Some cool stuff about designing mechs and putting them into game - http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/the-incredibly-detailed-beautifully-illustrated-insanely-intricate-birth-of

Edited by AlarmedBread

I guess there is some misundersrtandingabout this "Founder Mech" thing.

"1 Mech" is a special thing, a "special" model a bit customized to show you are a Founder.

Actually in my opinion is just crap. i don t see any utility to have that Mech. Is not "better" than all of the other 8 MECHS you get anyway. It s just different.

A 30 bucks submission is more than enough at the state of things to enjoy a very enjoyable game.

Beside Skaz crazy shit (buying the $120 and you are not even sure if you like it, you almost deserve you don t like it and they don t give you the money back!!! lol), this game will be an aenormous success when it will launch. That is because it will be FREE.

However, compared with so much crap is around and the so called "Steam Sales" where you are incentivate to buy shit for an handful of dollars, spending 30 bucks for this one would be just right.

Another note is that this game will be enjoyable ONLY if you play with a Team. ANY EXPERIENCE AS A SINGLE LONE WOLF WILL TRANSLATE IN ENOURMOUS FRUSTRATION because in all of the actual 8 vs 8 matches, casual gamers don t stand a chance vs Organized teams who move together and focus fire.

You are advised.

Lol, I had a chance to speak with Skaz .. hehehahhe I quote him "This game is junk" .. lololol..

Oh well, once again wrong expectations went the wrong way.

One major frustration for Skaz was the inability to understand what to do and how to do it. I have to give him credit for this.

This BETA does not come with organized documentation or tutorial. The online Forum has all of the info you need to know, but the info is scattered on many different posts and is so freaking confused.

I thought Devs opened the BETA option to ppl who was somewhat "mechwarrior veterans" therefore knowing exactly how the game plays and react upfront, because actually this game is not that much different from many other MW titles.

Instead they opened the BETA to any Founder, ppl like Skaz, that has no idea about the game, has wrong expectations, they pay their money and then are frustrated because have no idea what to do.. therefore the game is JUNK.

Actually this is pure Customer dissatisfaction and i agree with Skaz and his frustration.

I think Devs are underestimating the backfire they can have from tons of ppl who simply will not like the game because did not understand it.

This product is actually at 50% thrust. There are so many feature still missing that is not possible a full judgment just on what you get now.

The ongoing judgment is based on what you get now in perspective of what you ll get later. Although i am a strong supporter of this, if they will fail to deliver what they call the "COMMUNITY WARFARE" which is the only reason why this game will really make sense and will be different from all of the others, this will be a failure.

There is a good community around for this game, we will have enough fun and we will see when we ll get around October what they will be able to present to a larger slice of public.

Sorry for your $120 Skaz...

Lol, I had a chance to speak with Skaz .. hehehahhe I quote him "This game is junk" .. lololol..

Oh well, once again wrong expectations went the wrong way.

One major frustration for Skaz was the inability to understand what to do and how to do it. I have to give him credit for this.

This BETA does not come with organized documentation or tutorial. The online Forum has all of the info you need to know, but the info is scattered on many different posts and is so freaking confused.

I thought Devs opened the BETA option to ppl who was somewhat "mechwarrior veterans" therefore knowing exactly how the game plays and react upfront, because actually this game is not that much different from many other MW titles.

Instead they opened the BETA to any Founder, ppl like Skaz, that has no idea about the game, has wrong expectations, they pay their money and then are frustrated because have no idea what to do.. therefore the game is JUNK.

Actually this is pure Customer dissatisfaction and i agree with Skaz and his frustration.

I think Devs are underestimating the backfire they can have from tons of ppl who simply will not like the game because did not understand it.

This product is actually at 50% thrust. There are so many feature still missing that is not possible a full judgment just on what you get now.

The ongoing judgment is based on what you get now in perspective of what you ll get later. Although i am a strong supporter of this, if they will fail to deliver what they call the "COMMUNITY WARFARE" which is the only reason why this game will really make sense and will be different from all of the others, this will be a failure.

There is a good community around for this game, we will have enough fun and we will see when we ll get around October what they will be able to present to a larger slice of public.

Sorry for your $120 Skaz...

A big thing too is that the people playing in the public matches are absolutely terrible, and playing in said matches results in almost nothing except frustration.

If you want to enjoy this game, get a group going. When I first started playing we had about 5-6 guys in a group--they told me what I needed to do and how I needed to do it. Before long I had three kills in a match and we were winning often. It was a ton of fun.

Playing lone wolf, on the other hand, sucks. I get tired of my entire team being knocked out and losing repeatedly.

So to Skaz, I'd suggest you try playing with some of us before throwing in the towel completely, but that's just my opinion.