Spartans Home

Is Ground Branch Back?

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

yeah, I got an email from them, advertising the new site and some news...

As you can see the Kickstart campain is now becomming a common way to fund all of the most "incredible" projects.

They will kickstart funding as well. Definetely this new Business Model is working great.

Milking good faith gamers at 10 or 15 bucks each, they get "real" money while presenting very "unreal" project promises.

Be aware of this new business model. Possibly 1 in 100 can be a decent and respectable project, problem is.. how to discern which?

I think I ll stick with the good ol' school. If a game is produced, is because someone funded, someone invest their money and take their risks as entreprenours. Not begging for money on the Internet.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

• 1 month later...

Not saying it is worth funding but maybe it is - check out the Kickstarter campaign -

There are some good rewards in the offer like games if you pledge a certain amount and your money will only be taken if the Kickstarter raises the target figure. I think $400G is a stretch but you never know.

I know that John Sonedecker will build as realistic as possible tactical shooter so if thats what you're after then I would get in now. No more expensive then buying the game if it was released really.

Hope you're all well guys - I miss you. :(

Lighty

I had a think about this last nite guys and I would urge everyone to get involved and pledge something even if it's only a small amount. The fact is we have all been crying out for the most realistic FPS to be released for many years. While there are decent FPS out there, nothing has quite nailed it yet.

Here is what I would consider to be a one-off opportunity to support a Dev who truly believes in and aims to build this game and I think it is worth a few bucks to see this game created once and for all. Big publishers have the dollars to produce what the mass market of run n gunners want but there is no place for realistic tacshooters apart from Arma series.

Basically your dollars now will buy you the game in the future - that's not unreasonable in fact it's a great deal.

I would urge you to take a look, have a think and hand over some coin before the opportunity passes.

I would also suggest that you tell all your FPS friends about it and encourage them to buy-in. In the end it will benefit us all.

Lighty