Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any point in me starting on your server? You guys all seem to have gotten so far you can basically pick any gear you want, whereas I'll be running around with a can-opener at best...

I think DayZ is probably at it's most fun when you're starting out with nothing but a flashlight to your name to be honest mate! Regardless, there is always lot's of loot to be found all over the place and i've found that players on the spartan server (on TS) are always more than willing to trade or help you find decent kit.

Let me validate what Rolf has said. The Sparta community has always been eager and willing to assist players just starting out in any game.

The DAYZ experiment means at some point everyone will be a noob again.

If I have not said it lately let me put it out there now "Thanks guys for all that you do!"

Yeah, they are helpful!

I hopped on briefly today and I actually still had my character on the server. Stuck on the top of a tower I couldn't find my way down from in the dark. :rolleyes:

Ended up jumping off and starting over. Skaz was very helpful - came in with a boat to Elektro and hooked me up with a map, compass, and a gun among other things. Refilled my veins too. ^^

I think if my girlfriend ever gives me a break I might be able to get into this game. :)

Just wanted to ask if you guys have had any problems with people running the hack scripts?

I had a guy up at about 15 days old, equipped pretty well, before I got killed by a hack. Then twice more within the next twenty four hours.

I know that there's been a ban wave since then, but I'm still reading reports about the Thunderdome hack and such...was wondering if you guys have had problems with it as well - since the hackers seem to target high population servers.

He's not registered in the forums. But this goes out to Crispy Chicken! :hysterical:

aerial-view-of-your-moms-house.jpg

isn't this in mexico , probably a church (wel duh), look at the contrast from left to right ...

And if Skaz crashed the chopper ; THANK GOD it wasn't ME (eb3)

wil find another one ...

1237i1v%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by EBE

"DayZ being developed as a standalone game"

Development and updates of the mod will continue in parallel with the development of the game, so anyone who is playing the mod now will be able to continue to do so. The project will follow the Minecraft development model; fast iterations with the community alpha available for a heavily discounted price

Article on PCGamer.com: Clicky

- JHunter

Very interesting.

I did want to say that I am letting the server expire at the end of this billing cycle. From what I have been reading, there has been a significant drop in the overall amount of DayZ players and a huge influx in DayZ servers. This is why we are lucky to get more than 10 people on at anytime. I looked at the numbers over the weekend and they were just as bad. Also, because we no longer have control over the mission file we cannot have the connect / disconnect messages appear which is the source of many curses as people can just alt-f4 once being fired at.

I also feel that this is the right move coupled with the announcement that this will be a standalone game. While Rocket says both the mod and standalone will be developed side-by-side, I think we all know that means the mod will be sitting on the back burner, and any major content updates will be saved for the standalone.

Rocket may have just shot himself in the foot on this one. It appears that reaching too far, too fast has drastically dropped the popularity. I can't say for sure, but I'd wager that the DayZ forums started to get ignored. People posted fixes that needed to happen in there all the time. It wasn't hard to figure out the troubles players faced. All of a sudden, the fixes stopped happening. What did we get? Bear traps. Dogs. Choppers.

I weep for the future. DayZ will get overshadowed by better games. It's the circle of video game life.

slightly off topic but still within the spirit of dayz i've recently just started watching jericho to tide me over while waiting for the next series of the walking dead. Jericho is a series that takes place in smalltown america that gets plunged into a dystopian world as all major cities washington dc, alanta, philidelphia and so on get nuked with 20 kiloton bombs each. the town is on its own and eposoide 8 is like trying to get to the hospital in berhinzo or electrostavoz. maybe youve all seen it and im late to the bandwagon but if you haven't seen it, its well worth a watch. no zombies though. B)

Our buddy Evan Lahti over at PCGamer did a full interview with Rocket about the stand-alone DayZ game.

"Interview: The standalone future of DayZ, and what it means for players" - Clicky

- JHunter

For me personaly this gameplay is over ..

( i was searching for some realism ;, But they F§çkt up , and i hate the undead !!)

1011_43_226_2007.jpg

1011_44_226_2007.jpg

1011_45_226_2007.jpg