Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone you encounter is hostile until proven otherwise. That said I have found some random players to team up with and had fun. :thumbsup_anim:

Place tent in high traffic area

Place armed satchel in tent

????

Profit!

:banana_dance:

Edited by AlarmedBread

Update: Servers are back from Tahiti. After a night-long bender, the servers are having some memory loss. Some player's may login to find themselves in a much different location than where they signed off. They will retain all their gear, however.

The main server seems to be down.. a lot of people are having trouble getting in.

The mod has now propelled ARMA 2: CO to the #1 Top Selling list on Steam.... WOW.

I don't know how Rocket is managing, but he needs to get some more central servers fast. This is going to get bigger and bigger.

So I come now, after a long hour trying to get to Stary Sobor. I logged on aproximately 0300 est. I was out drinking came home and said, why not some DayZ. So I spawned in the coast and I immediately turn sorta nortwestish and start running, the trick to getting to stary sobor is going nortwest until you find steel power lines. So an hour later, I get there, on the way, I stopped at castle Zub, south of stary, where I found an alice pack, binocs and a winchester with4 mags aprox 60 rounds. I also have my makarov with 6 mags, 30 so rounds. So i make my way north into Stary. I circle around north, to have an elevated position, I see zombies spawning, so that means I am alone.

How I/we used to approach this... donzi, phisher, yoshi knew it, we'd all run towards the white building or the big red warehouse and kill the zombies as they come in. Note, this strategy still works if you are in a 2+ group.

I was alone. as soon as I fired the first shot, the whole town went active I fired all my Winchester rounds, killing exactly 60 zombies, they keep on coming, I switch to the makarov, and that weapon sucks, out of all those rounds, I only kill 17 zombies. Its not enough, the ground has enough zombies to pile over the house, they keep coming, I have no choice other than retreat. I leave out the backdoor and into the red warehouse. As I enter the red warehouse, I see a 5 zed group starting to walk in. I have no more bullets. I leave the other side and run towards the tent city to see if I can find any weapon or ammo.

I run once towards the center, looking desperately left and right for any weapon, I have 4 on my tail. I see an AKM on the last tent. I run around the zombies and back into the red warehouse. This is where I cheated, I realized that the zombies come in to get me, I should have enough time to go back to the akm and pick it up. So I do it, Lured them in and rushed towards that AKM.

I pick the AKM up, 3 mags, I am not dieing here today. so the four that I left inside are coming towards me, so I decide to run into the field and take them out instead of going back to the red warehouse. I take them out, and as I reapproach the tent city, hoping that it is clear. First look into the tent city, a NEW WAVE OF ZOMBIES. I started cursing, hitting my keyboard. whatever, I try the same tactics as before, shot one zed and ran towards the red warehouse.

As I am running, I realized I may have done a big booboo. the AKM is really loud. and as soon as i go into the warehouse and turn around, there is a good 30-40 zombies trying to get in. I start shooting, and they keep coming. Result, I left stary sobor with 169 zombie kills, I managed to go back and scavenge the place really quick, finding an M9 and an AK-74, which i kept.

Another fun DayZ.

ps. I currently logged off north of stary sobor.

Sounds like me and EMT's adventure in Stray Sobor last night. LOL! He fired his DRM once and we had about 5 million zombies coming at us. I used up all my newly found there AK rounds and 2 mags of m1014 shotty slugs that I found. lol Fun times.

Sweet, we are not far from Stary sobor. Packing a few goodies, hopefully we can link up with you all soon for some fun on the NW field.

Also check out this news, kudos to the DayZ team and BI, very cool! Few of my non gamer friends have asked me about DayZ. Definitely making some ripples in the pond. :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786

Sweet, we are not far from Stary sobor. Packing a few goodies, hopefully we can link up with you all soon for some fun on the NW field.

Also check out this news, kudos to the DayZ team and BI, very cool! Few of my non gamer friends have asked me about DayZ. Definitely making some ripples in the pond. :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16786

hey bro, sorry for not being able to play early this morning with you, I was all night running from the zombies and I deserved a nap time. i'll probably be on later on today, around 10 est or something...

Here's an interesting interview with Rocket posted quite recently:

Linky

I'm loving this mod, I hadn't played Arma 2 in a year or so due to things getting busy in RL but now things are calming down a bit i've managed to get some time on this mod and played with Karl, Ebe, Overseer, EMT and a few others. It's always good to hear friendly voices amidst screaming zombies!

Edited by Rolf