Spartans Home

DayZ - Zombie Mod for ARMA 2

Phisher~SPARTA~

Make sure the empty canteens are in your main inventory, not backpack.

With ponds you can only refill it when the swimming animation starts. Oceans you don't need to be fully submerged, just make sure you are far enough in. You access it with the middle-mouse scroll menu.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to sort it in the end but only by dropping my pack and taking the empties from it. Would not allow me to switch between pack and active inventory whilst pack was on my back.

Sadly, some bastard shot me whilst I was filling up, must have been shadowing me.

Sadly, some bastard shot me whilst I was filling up, must have been shadowing me.

Get used to that, always happens when you just think you're getting somewhere. It's why I don't play anymore.

Managed to sort it in the end but only by dropping my pack and taking the empties from it. Would not allow me to switch between pack and active inventory whilst pack was on my back.

There is a way to transfer items between your local inventory and your backpack without removing it. You should first pull up the inventory screen (g key) and then mouse click the backpack itself. Your option on the bar below should now allow you to "open backpack". When you select this option your left hand screen inventory changes to show both your backpack and your local inventory items (slight difference if you are first looking at items on the ground when you activate the backpack). You can now move items between your backpack and your inventory. Pay attention to the upper bar that shows your available inventory slots. If it shows, for example 3/20, then you have 3 open slots out of 20 available. I hope this helps.

Never had a problem previously, with other versions, ACE etc. But even after I'd dropped all my active kit so plenty of space it still wouldn't transfer. It looked as if it had, with the left hand menu showing the change but once I tried to fill up there was no option to. Then when I checked my kit again they're back in the pack!

Started a new game & switched canteens straight away this time, so hopefully no issues with drinking.

It will be 2 weeks until I get back on, so will see if things are any better then.

Edited by Watchman~SPARTA~

I may have lost my M16 with an acog tonight, but I gained a rocket launcher! >=) This shall be fun >=)

Dare I ask where you got that? Also, what kind? Just want to make sure you won't get banned for it (if, say, you looted it off of a cheater)

I am not kidding.. this is the most fucking frustrating experience ever!!!

I mean, i got in the mood.. I wanna give a shot to this crappy Mod.. and you know what.. ok.. FIRST OF ALL, try to get to play, but Surprise.. all of the files have to be downloaded and "updated"...

Ok, so, sorta smiling, 10 minutes after I can start the game. Then find the server whe the other Sparta guys are.. of coourse is full..

Lucky enough, 5 minutes after I get in, just to discover anyway that all of the known players are literally on the other side of the map where I spwaned.. As we know, there are no vehicles.. so someone kindly says.. well if you start running now, it will take about one hour to reach us.. YEAH RIGHT !!

So, I start walking toward the closest town to try to scavenge something, being mine a new charachter... 10 minutes running in the middle of nowhere...

Finally after thos 10 minutes, i see a couple of houses at the horizon, they could possibly have something to cannibalize.. I get there.. and guess what.. SERVER CRASHES !!!!!!!!

So, while I am fucking swearing in Italian, mic closed so i don t annoy the other guys.. I try to rejoin another server. Actually I tried to rejoin 5 different servers..

Keep in mind that the joining process is not exactly "quick", so it takes 2 or 3 or more minutes to get you finally on the field. All of this to discover that I was joining servers NIGHT TIME !! Fucking pitch black!!! but of course you are the most freaking unfortunate human being in the universe, so as a "survivor" u barely have flares (totally useless - just good to say "hey I am here, shoot me !!") and a gun...

Can t see shit, so Abort and connect somewhere else, just to discover was still night.. repeat this procedure for 5 times...

Then someone said, "possibly you should join a different time zone, otherwhise now on the US server is getting dark"... WTF ???????????? I forgot to say i was trying to play this fucking game at 8pm EST...

So, at the 6th pitch black server.. I try to give it a shot.. I thought "well.. if they decided to make it like this, maybe is playable somewhat".. and i tried other 5 minutes of this martiry..

I was getting close to some house.. but can you believe.. i was not even able to see 1 mtr away of my nose?? I mean, you do remmeber how freaking Dark is Arma at night, with no night goggles, right ??

Then I was looking around.. and I noticed that.. not only is freaking dark.. but is also fucking CLOUDY !!!! So there is not even hope to have Moon or a clear sky to gain some visibility!!!

No.. this is a fucking situation in which:

1 - You are the most unfortunate survivor

2 - You will fight vs squirrel-fast Zombies

3 - Is so freaking dark that you will be dead before you even think you saw something....

4 - .. and hey, this is set "realistic", so when at my home in Florida gets dark, in the Server gets dark. I shoudl send an email to my Boss and ask a day off, because it would be the only way to play this fucking game I guess..

Bottom line... I was so naive I thoought I could play Arma, for about 10 minutes of self satisfaction...

Real life is that after 35 minutes of frustration i almost threw my PC out the window... And I am writing this post just to vent out my HATE....

So, do you wanna be my friend.. please don t talk to me about Arma Zombie Shit.... Ever !!!

Dare I ask where you got that? Also, what kind? Just want to make sure you won't get banned for it (if, say, you looted it off of a cheater)

It was the M136 and I got it from the barracks there last night while you were AFK.

Ducky

It was the M136 and I got it from the barracks there last night while you were AFK.

Ducky

Ok you're good. So long as it isn't a SMAW or some such.

P.S. - Satchels also spawn at the barracks. Bet you could have some fun with a few of those.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

I am not kidding.. this is the most fucking frustrating experience ever!!!

Batwing, I know DayZ can be incredibly frustrating (especially when you first start out). It's meant to be frustrating though; it's meant to be very tough.

However, should you want to give it a second try, in a vastly more stress-free environment, you should play on my Test server. I can override the game time so that it is lighter out, and come pick you up in a jeep and bring you up to where everyone else is located.

This mod is far better when you have a size-able group of people working together.

LOL, I feel your pain Batty, that's how my weekend was but stick at it, it can be fun.

Couple of tech questions for those with more experience:

1. Are any other mods required. A few servers have indicated a CBA mis-match. I'm not running with CBA & the servers don't show it in their lobby description but does one exist for DayZ?

2. Anyone have gfx issues, namely the scenery going all blocky? Happened to me twice now but not consistent, different servers and never from the start of the session.

I've played in an ACE & vanilla server but can't duplicate the issue. Makes the game unplayable as I can't see the Zeds coming.

Find a rocket for it yet?

M136 is a one-shot launcher. So he has a rocket, but he also only has one shot.

Couple of tech questions for those with more experience:
1. Are any other mods required. A few servers have indicated a CBA mis-match. I'm not running with CBA & the servers don't show it in their lobby description but does one exist for DayZ?
2. Anyone have gfx issues, namely the scenery going all blocky? Happened to me twice now but not consistent, different servers and never from the start of the session.
I've played in an ACE & vanilla server but can't duplicate the issue. Makes the game unplayable as I can't see the Zeds coming.

1. CBA not required, but the servers are running it (hence the message). You can ignore it.

2. Do a graphics flush (Hold shift & numpad minus, type 'flush')

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

If only I had this RL 2 days ago! I saw a group of bandits in Stray Sobor all huddled up at the military base :( LOL! could you imagine their reaction if they got hit by a rocket and got all of them! LOLOL!

How do you tell a bandit from a survivor, apart from just after he shoots you?

a bandit has camo instead of the pmc outfit

So the PMC that shot me was just a scumbag.......

Are bandits AI controlled, I assume so as when I've joined servers there's only been the bluefor option.

Now that I know that I'll shoot the next camo'd guy I see and steal his gear!

Who says you don't learn anything in this place :D