Spartans Home

Arma 3

Denny

Well.. I really hope theycan do their best with animations for this game.

All of the environment is beautiful, possibly vehicles will have some decent phisics, but really Animation is still weird.

The way soldiers go from running to walk is unnatural, their behaviour is better than Arma2 but still.. not on par with other games.

So far we saw characters with rifles..

If they are having a hand gun and still run like runners at the olimpics.. I just wanna scream !!!

I have been trying to play Arma 2 with that Zombie crap mod... man.. is just so unplayable.. just so unnatural..

I actually don t give a crap anymore if they make an incredible landscape and environment.. If they don t fix an=imations and collisions in Arma 3, that game is just gonna be pure garbage.. good just to enhance your frustration as a player.

We didn t see anything yet about "indoor" collisions. I just want to remind you how horrible is being inside a house and get stuck at the doors.

We continue to see large environments, something at Arma in general has always been pretty decent.

Arma get shitty when it gets in fast CQC. The way AI possibly "warps" away from you.... when you engage within 25 mtrs, it becomes a farce.

I cannot touch Arma 2 anymore without getting frustrated and vomit... Arma 3 better giving some serious candy to players... because the attempt to be a "simulator" has to be joined by real movement and behavior.. if they can t do that is just a major failure

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Some things never change!:)))

I slowed down in a light helicopter (an equivalent of a Little Bird), and got shot out of the cockpit by a rifleman on the ground.

Are there smooth transitions when switching stances? (@heartborne)

Yup. In first and third person, the new soldier animations have almost none of the rigidity of Arma 2?s. They feel a little shorter, too?I didn?t feel like I was waiting for a prone or crouch animation to terminate before inputting something else. I especially liked the stance adjustments.

This would somewhat make me happier.

Nice article but there are a couple of dark sides not explored yet:

Is the AI stupid? (@keenanw)

From what was shown? Yeah. The battle scenarios being shown were pretty lightly scripted, but the AI felt like they had the same brains of A2

My "hope" side is hoping they still wanna put some work on AI. Product is not final and i would not judge that right now, but i have a feeling that is not a major priority.

The other thing is:

No one discussed so far how the Multiplayer experience is gonna be. If AI is sorta stupid or just say is the same in A2, we know that besides the super-powers they have, such as using an iron sight at 600 mtrs surgically or thermal view to see you thru grass, bushes and so forth, AI is not really competitive.

On the other side multiplayer most of the times sucks due to warping and weird lagging.

So, where this game will stand bottom line? So far great compliments to the environlemt... but what about what the game will deliver as experience?

Other titles out there have a clear character:

BF3 is a multiplayer shooter and does it well

CoD is a multiplayer shooter and does it well

Arma2 is an open environment to Kill Zombies and doesn t even do it so well....

I will biy this game, no doubt, but i really don t know what I am expecting out of that..

This would somewhat make me happier.

Nice article but there are a couple of dark sides not explored yet:

My "hope" side is hoping they still wanna put some work on AI. Product is not final and i would not judge that right now, but i have a feeling that is not a major priority.

The other thing is:

No one discussed so far how the Multiplayer experience is gonna be. If AI is sorta stupid or just say is the same in A2, we know that besides the super-powers they have, such as using an iron sight at 600 mtrs surgically or thermal view to see you thru grass, bushes and so forth, AI is not really competitive.

On the other side multiplayer most of the times sucks due to warping and weird lagging.

So, where this game will stand bottom line? So far great compliments to the environlemt... but what about what the game will deliver as experience?

Other titles out there have a clear character:

BF3 is a multiplayer shooter and does it well

CoD is a multiplayer shooter and does it well

Arma2 is an open environment to Kill Zombies and doesn t even do it so well....

I will biy this game, no doubt, but i really don t know what I am expecting out of that..

I worry that u set ur "hopes" a bit high mate, this is a game after all, unscripted but stupid ai is still better than anythin else on the market IMHO.

I would argue that ARMA AI by default are better than 90% of players in BF3 anyway. Zues AI, forget about it! :thumbsup_anim:

Have you used the latest beta patches on server and client? Warping is virtually non existent at this point. You can fly formation in jets. The large scale firefights having to clear a city house by house (takes all friggen day) is something ARMA offers that nothing else on the market can even come close to.

Stock unit AI in Arma 2 is absolutely stupid. It registers a heat map of what units or groups it has become "aware" of, which is 90% based on direct LOS logic, and then attacks. This all domination used, and the combat didn't have an actual physics model so it could shoot through downed trees, not be affected by smoke, etc.

Arma 3 looks awesome, hands down possibly the best in an FPS I've seen aside from Crysis. Unfortunately, the trend in all FPS games lately is to make things look real.. but they don't act real. So if Arma 3 has the physics items actually fixed, and its AI has improved beyond kindergarten, then Arma 3 will likely be solid for a long while.

I'm expecting Arma3 to be Arma2 with better graphics and physics. That is, I'm expecting the core of the game to have no change at all. I loved Arma2 when it's played on a tactical level, doing scenarios like would be seen in the real world large battlefield. The level of detail when doing those kinds of missions gives it an advantage over all other games.

The best thing we can hope for is that someone takes the "soldering" part of Arma and put it on a new engine that lives up to its potential. That means being able to hide in grass, do real house-to-house operations, recon, and air ops, etc. I don't think the computing power is there just yet, but Arma is closest in the race for that realistic experience.

Some of my favorite times in Arma2 were building the Land Nav course, in both day/night, doing real ambushes on both vehicles/legs, and doing reall fun air assaults/airborne drops.

Some of my favorite times in Arma2 were building the Land Nav course, in both day/night, doing real ambushes on both vehicles/legs, and doing reall fun air assaults/airborne drops.

Amen to that :allgood:

Arma may be flawed and I am sure arma 3 will be as well, but it surpasses EVERY game I have ever played for longevity and versatility. Arma is still on my machine, BF3 has long since been removed (COD 4 had a long run here but that has been removed as well).

The AI may react a bit weired in Arma but combined with some useful scripts like the urban patrol script, which will be ported to Arma 3 for sure, the free acting of the AI can be limited to whatever is necessary in a particular mission.

And the ingame footage of Arma 3 looks much better then anything I would have expected.

ARMA>> connect to TS>>find out you have to download half the internet to play for an hour b4 the wife gets home>>member disconnected from your channel.

ARMA2 is the most disgusting,annoying piece of sh** game ever created;and still i loved it :) ...i really cant wait for Arma 3 :banana_dance:

Unless they port Insurgency over to Arma3,then i will kill myself....insurgent style.....EBE be warned!

Can't wait :banana_dance: :clapping: :thumbsup_anim: :ogle: :allgood:

It's good to see so many familiar, and new names, still going strong Zeno, I look forward to Arma 3 and all it promises. :thumbsup:

This is one of the few games I will feel good about purchasing in a long time. :thumbsup_anim:

The AI may react a bit weired in Arma but combined with some useful scripts like the urban patrol script, which will be ported to Arma 3 for sure, the free acting of the AI can be limited to whatever is necessary in a particular mission.

And the ingame footage of Arma 3 looks much better then anything I would have expected.

There is nothing I look forward to more than getting on COOP multiplayer with Sparta as we discover the new map and all of its hidden details and intricacies.

What these guys said.

Looking forward to coming back to ArmA and hanging with you fellas.

What these guys said.

Looking forward to coming back to ArmA and hanging with you fellas.

Yeah, me too. Been busy at school for the last couple years and had no time for ARMA. ARMA3 sounds awesome.

Guess I'll have to start saving my change up for a new system.

Actually the was another player who was just called Fish, I am sure you are thinking of him Noob.

{insert random Frank Drebin response} :)

You remember him right? he always sniped from long range into the AO and had a whispery voice....i miss all those guys :(