Denny

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me likey

I don't think they should sell it through steam though

:construction:

au contraire, that way it gets rid of the fools with the "oh i got a CD version key of arma when it dropped but got all the expansions and their keys on steam while they were on sale cause I'm reeeal smart like that.. WHAT THE FUCK MISMATCHED VERISON WAHHHHHHH".

Not to mention steam overlay... dont get me started how much of a WIN that thing is.. :winner_first:

Edited by XJackerooX~SPARTA~

I didn't care so much about the lighting as the almost impossible to operate CQB movements. You have COD on one end of the spectrum, and ARMA on the opposite end, when it comes to movement. I'd love to see something in between. A little smoother and faster than ARMA, but not arcadish as COD or BF3. I know, wishes wishes...

Jack what always annoyed me was being blinded half the time I played by the sun...

So what if its setting, if i cant see wtf im doing then its a waste of time.

Horse for courses but it's that type of realism that makes Arma so good for me. Makes you plan everything according to the conditions at hand.

Chicken Down the moment Fatal_Papercut became a LEGEND, I wasn't there but I heard all about it

You get ArmaIII or you will miss out guaranteed

I didn't care so much about the lighting as the almost impossible to operate CQB movements. You have COD on one end of the spectrum, and ARMA on the opposite end, when it comes to movement. I'd love to see something in between. A little smoother and faster than ARMA, but not arcadish as COD or BF3. I know, wishes wishes...

from what i could see from Dyslexci's new screenshots - the CQB looks a lot less clunky. and I'm certain this is an area that the Devs want to address and resolve to make it more appealing.

Horse for courses but it's that type of realism that makes Arma so good for me. Makes you plan everything according to the conditions at hand.

So, i log on in the afternoon and everyone has been playing for hours and I dedice to join in im going to be blinded even if there is buildings and trees on that side of the map? Are you Fing kidding me Watchman, I put up with it for a year, its a headache inducing pain in my @$$.

from what i could see from Dyslexci's new screenshots - the CQB looks a lot less clunky. and I'm certain this is an area that the Devs want to address and resolve to make it more appealing.

Well, I got to try it out for about 15min tonight before heading off and what I originally thought was fixed (CQB) looks as if not a single thing was changed. I loaded up the editor and tried to negotiate the air tower staircase, and it was just as difficult as the original ARMA. The mission I played made it seem ok, but I soon found out it wasn't and this is really the same engine with updated graphics. Sigh...at least it's still got all the other good ARMA stuff that we all know/love.

The devs may want to make it more appealing, but until they use a different engine, they won't have any success.

My first impressions, granted they were 15min, were "meh, nothing different".

Edited by Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

Well, I got to try it out for about 15min tonight before heading off and what I originally thought was fixed (CQB) looks as if not a single thing was changed. I loaded up the editor and tried to negotiate the air tower staircase, and it was just as difficult as the original ARMA. The mission I played made it seem ok, but I soon found out it wasn't and this is really the same engine with updated graphics. Sigh...at least it's still got all the other good ARMA stuff that we all know/love.

The devs may want to make it more appealing, but until they use a different engine, they won't have any success.

I think one of the main things that made CQB terrible in ArmA 2 was that you couldn't walk through doorways or any small area because your gun would lower and it was impossible to shoot anything. You'd also get stuck in doorways quite often. Both of these issues have been fixed, and I feel like CQB is a lot better off because of it. Movement is still clunky when in tight spaces, but as you said, this IS the same engine. They've updated the lighting system and introduced Java along with various other features, but this was not an engine rewrite. So yes, it will still feel like ArmA 2 in certain respects (though I personally feel they have vastly improved in almost every area).

I have to say after a few hours play, taking every opportunity to get in & out of buildings, traverse stairways / towers, I think it's a huge improvement over Arma 2. Granted there were no opfor in any of the buildings I cleared, so no chance to get into an enclosed firefight but the movement was fluid at all times.

CQB is basically Arma II with the community CQB fix. Personally I find nothing to go wow over, it feels like Arma II with a graphics upgrade and a lot of the community tweaks added, which is no bad thing I suppose.