Spartans Home

Phone upgrade - Samsung Galaxy Note (Free on O2)

NoScream~SPARTA~

Went into my local 3 store to confirm my upgrade date and check out my target phone options, HTC One X, Note or S3. All can be had for £32 / month with unlimited data.

Based on my typical phone use I just can't see a need for a quad core processor, and although the S3 has a 4.8 screen I was really taken with the extra screen size for the Note. Beyond obvious phone requirements it will ultimately be a media device and based on all of Viii's good vibes too, I reckon the Note is the way forward. Upgrade is in September so I'll keep you advised. :thumbsup_anim:

O2 is doing 36 0n & 0n which is £36 with any new phone (or £26 with no new phone).

1GB data, unlimited calls, unlimited text (MMS not inc).

http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2012/03/go-on-and-on-with-our-best-ever-tariff.html

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/o2-on-and-on-package-lets-you-call-and-text-forever-50007510/

Went into my local 3 store to confirm my upgrade date and check out my target phone options, HTC One X, Note or S3. All can be had for £32 / month with unlimited data.

Based on my typical phone use I just can't see a need for a quad core processor, and although the S3 has a 4.8 screen I was really taken with the extra screen size for the Note. Beyond obvious phone requirements it will ultimately be a media device and based on all of Viii's good vibes too, I reckon the Note is the way forward. Upgrade is in September so I'll keep you advised. thumbsup_anim.gif

Rumous abot a a Note 2 is around and the release will be sometime Q3 this year so keep updated.

I'm not surprised and expect it will be a quad core variant. Might tie in nicely with my upgrade timing.

Yep that why i mention it ;-)

Anyway my phone arrived today and it´s BIG!! but using the phone is really easy and because of the big screen it´s more pleasent to use

For some reason it dosn´t seem to find any upgrade of the firmware to ICS. Just have to wait a bit i guess.

More than a phone Thompson,

That's the main reason I bought this, It's a phone, it's a mini tablet, it's a digitizer pad, 8M pixel photo camera,720/1080p HD video recorder, sound recorder, mp3 player, email client, game pad, remote control, streaming device, wifi hotspot, sat nav, usb host device and so much more.

Because of the big screen it makes everything easy to see & interact with.

With the 2500mAh battery it lasts.

Once the user breaks free of the concept that a phone has to be a certain size then it starts to become a great tool.

DON'T FORGET a USB HOST cable

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290708155567

Stick it on a split ring and on your key ring

2011-08-16193029.jpg