Spartans Home

Ghost Recon future soldier

Athlon64~SPARTA~

lol, I love tac shooters but with so many synics here I hold back.

Kill confirmed & that's a kill, two classic lines from Original Ghost recon, will there be more or is that it?

I will test it first before money parts, BF3 showed what happens when control is held by the developer,

tweaks and nerfs galore, with those that cry the loudest destroying the game.

We will see.....

thanks for link.

BETA Coming April 19th and Ghost Recon Network

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:19-44550&ct=tcm:6-231-32

The beta will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. lol

What About PC Gamers?

While there are no plans for a PC Beta as of now, our devs are working hard to build an amazing GR: Future Soldier experience for you on PC. We'll keep you posted if anything changes.

http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/ghost-recon-future-soldier/beta/index.aspx

p.s. What I do like is: when one man dies in co-op it's game over for all !!!

I think its a whole different world between EA and ubisoft games.

Im getting it, as everyone knows i diden't waste my money with anymore EA games, and won't. With Graw, the guys are still makeing new maps for it and still playing it. Its still active, and im sure it will be for quite awile. At least i won't have to buy a vid card with points earned from years of monthly payments from a space game. But to each his own. Cheers.

I like the co-ops, loads of fun and it allways something different with each new map. I really don't give a crap about the invisible and drone stuff. Im sure the guys at rockys place will be pumping out new maps for it like crazy for a long time to follow . We are still playing new maps on graw 2 all the time, and still fun playing against the AI

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

The beta will be available on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Right.. Why am I not surprised ?

Athlon, I do respect your resentment for EA.. but it is what is.. Mostly it s business, Game Industry.. they make Money out of us.. and that is not for EA only.

I dont care about the "name" or the "production" or whatever... When I look at a game i only think if I do like it or not.

If they do a great job, good for them, if they dont, they dont.. but I don t expect anyone being "better" than anyone else.. because they are there to make money and they will do what it takes for it.

Mass Effect is a FABULOUS game and is une EA umbrella, Dragon Age 1 and 2 are pretty good and are under EA. I don t care about it, i am not a fan boy for EA, but if the poduct is good and i love it, i ll play it, they are not gonna die if I dont, most importantly I will be missing something I like.

About this Ghost recon SHIT I would honestly be offended at the same level as you can be offended by some shit from EA.

This game is a pure fraud out of a Brand name, out of a valuable old franchise. It has nothing to do with Ghost Recon PERIOD.

If they were at least being honest and they were calling it anything else, say G.I.Joes, i was going to give a shot to it, maybe... but this BS about GR, is just offensive to people who really enjoyed that game.

GR was a great game. It was slower and was tactical. It was for PC first. It was a possibly realistic First Person experience. This abomination is just a marketing farce. nothing more than a "nobody" among a plethora of other shooters out there, possibly better than this.

The choice is up to you, but if you like GR you should not dignify this crap. Furthermore you should not buy it just because "is not" EA, because here, pruduction is seriously kiddng you, and you alow them to do it :)

GRAW on PC was different because it was made by a different team from console & had an editor.

So far on future soldier, it's the same team for Console & PC, No editor & only support is via Ubi, they have been less than forth coming with the PC community in many projects, saying one thing and delivering something else.

Anyway Platinum is free... for testing. Game engine is good.

Other things to note from this MP video.

NO PRONE, another console implemented feature for PC, love how all the trailers are cut, spliced & diced to make it look more than it is..

Another game relying partly on the name to carry the play.

The only interesting point i've noticed besides the Engine (Good) is the (4 player) co-op play. Ubi push 12 player co-op onto console.

I feel like a game has to come where the game play reflects lessons from the past & not current console restrictions.

Well its really hard to tell about the game untill we get it, So untill then i gess we will then make a more informed opinion of it. Call of duty world of war is exactly the same from pc to xbox in single player. They all put in the eye candie on the trailer to get us to buy it.

So untill then we will see. From the trailer, the graffics look better, smoke and bullet hit looks better so hopefully the co=op is really good. GRAW 2 was the first game to have really smart AI and the AI will hand your butt to you for a good challange of a game. Thats what we are really looking for is the great co-op play.

Myself, I don't care about stats, or rank, or getting the golden gun. We want a good tactal challange where we go in and do the mission, kill em and finish it.

I have to disagree with you about GRAW, the AI are tough, but smart? I don't think so.

Also it has no randomness, there's no random spawning of the AI, once you know where they spawn you can just wait for them to either come along as normal or even worse, when you learn the trigger points you can get em as they suddenly spawn.

As for Ghost Harry potter cloak of invisibility Recon Future COD Warfield just WHEN did we become GRATEFUL, or even think it was ACCEPTABLE to only have 4 man Co-op?

• 2 months later...

GRFS Update!

On day one they produced and distributed a patch that added/changed the following:

Main changes:

· Improved stability in online multiplayer matches;

· Improved voice chat quality for PCs running Windows Vista;

· Improved navigation through game's menus.

The PC day-one update also includes the improvements from the latest title update for the console version:

· Introduced 6-man party system in the multiplayer game mode;

· Balanced several weapons (assault rifles, SMSGs, handguns, shotguns);

· Balanced equipment (grenades, flash bang, EMP, stun guns, number of drones in match);

· Adjusted aim sensitivity and quick scope;

· Fixed map exploits;

· Adjusted melee;

· Adjusted XP values;

· Several technical / network improvements.

The approximate size of this update is 385 MB.

Click here to read the entire UBI post.

The one change that jumps out and punches me right in the eye, is the addition or expansion to a 6 man team co-op.

Am I reading this line correctly that the PC version now has the 6 man co-op like the console??

I have the game installed and played for a few hours yesterday but only with 1 other player. Has anyone played with a 6 person squad yet?

Comments please.

I haven't played the most recent Ghost Recon games but from my experience with Future Soldier so far is it feels like a rail shooter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rail_shooters

Basically, I remember in earlier GR games that I had tons of options to choose from in terms of how I complete an objective. The paths I take, the weapon load outs, stealth vs loud.

This game has style down great, but content wise it feels closer to a COD game in my opinion.

I think multiplayer COOP on a higher difficulty might improve this feeling, but it is still hard to shake when you get a "You are leaving the battlefield" message when trying to flank a group of enemies. Forcing me to attack them up the middle.

Soooo... if you are playing this title.. what are the comments and reviews??

Besides the 4 or 6 Coop thing, how the campaign feels? how the game feels?

Try to rely to a real GR title if possible, otherwise just give us some understanding about this title.

Thank youuuuuu !!

My review is based only on the single player portion of the game.

Cutting to the point I don't believe it is worth the full price of the game and I would wait for it to be on sale.

However, most GR games in the past have thrived in multiplayer. I don't think this one will shine as bright though.

Frankly, there just isn't the freedom you would expect from earlier titles. You basically have three load outs to choose from (LMG, Rifle, Sniper) then for a secondary you have (Pistol, SMG, Shotgun). You can modify scopes and cosmetics but the deeper customization appears to do nothing. It's odd, but you can 'modify' everything from the stock of a rifle to the trigger and gas system. But they don't appear to have any ballistic characteristics. Rather the way it worked for me was that if a rifle was suppressed it took 2 hits at center mass to kill and an unsilenced rifle took 1. All of the other little customizations didn't do anything noticeable. There is also no real difference between the standard weapons and ones you unlock. Meaning you will likely use the default rifle, sniper rifle, pistol for the entire game.

Level design is highly scripted with 80% of it giving you one path to go down. Certain levels might look more open but you are really only given 2 options, all leading to the same point. The 'story' is just a loose connection of environments that supposedly lead you to the final location.

Again, the style and look of this game is top notch. But there is little substance in my opinion. To me it feels like another interactive action movie ala Call of Duty.

Edited by Phisher~SPARTA~

GRAW 2 was the first game to have smart AI reguardless of personal opinions, Read back in past game reviews.

Well its out so have to head on down to get it. Now wait a minute, After hearing all the wineing about this game.

If you don't like it don't get it and don't play it, And don't wine about it. LOL!

Looking forward to some good old John Wayne fashion . killing!!!!!!

Once Rocky and the bunch get ahold of this game you can be sure there will maps glore and updates for certian probley some mods for it as well. And I hope no dam stats or golden gun B.S.

Well makes sence that the supressed weapons take more hits to kill. supressed guns generally shoot lower volicity ammo to subsonic speeds so the bullets don't break the sound barrier.

Alot of people diden't like graw 2 eather, but theres thousands still playing it, mods, and maps like crazy.