Spartans Home

AH-64 Apache Crash

MH6~SPARTA~

Hard to tell if they were showboating or if there really was a malfunction. I know it is easy to assume they were dicking around, but who really knows based on the video alone. Glad everyone is safe, but if they were showboating and fucked up, then I hope they have charges pressed. Those birds aren't cheap.

Hard to tell if they were showboating or if there really was a malfunction. I know it is easy to assume they were dicking around, but who really knows based on the video alone. Glad everyone is safe, but if they were showboating and fucked up, then I hope they have charges pressed. Those birds aren't cheap.

I think it was a combination of showboating and not being accustomed to the thinner air (thinner air = less lift). The video says possible criminal charges were laid, but I don't know of the outcome.

about 4 secounds in on the right hand side you can see the chap trying to give the "i am your marshaller" signal as he comes wizzing past as if he was expecting him to land strait away instead of going wizzing past, maybe he did see the base till it was to late and tryed to turn, who knows what happend. but seeing how that got chucked around and every ones still alive is a testerment to how sturdy those things are.

United_Kingdom.gif

heres a picture of me on an Apache :)

post-60-092832300 1332376284_thumb.jpg

Edited by adder360~SPARTA~

about 4 secounds in on the right hand side you can see the chap trying to give the "i am your marshaller" signal as he comes wizzing past as if he was expecting him to land strait away instead of going wizzing past, maybe he did see the base till it was to late and tryed to turn, who knows what happend. but seeing how that got chucked around and every ones still alive is a testerment to how sturdy those things are.

United_Kingdom.gif

heres a picture of me on an Apache :)

IMG-20120115-00190.jpg

Apparently he was doing a Return to Target maneuver, and just didn't have enough lift to execute it properly--that is to say, not crash.

Example of a RTT maneuver (performed by the good ol' Kiowa)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJYu9clZF0