Spartans Home

DIY AMMO CAN Tent Stove

MedicSN6

Pretty well actually. It has kind of taken a back seat in acquiring physical goods lately because of some car trouble and having to sink extra coin into both of our vehicles. When this happens I shift from purchasing to learning and practicing basic skills and building small things like water purification systems or things like the Stove in the main post. I try to set aside about an hour a day to prepping, whether it is reading or logistics.

Nice. If I actually had money to spare I'd like to at least buy a cache of non-perishable food items.

That's where you find that fine line between Emergency Preparedness and being a Prepper. You can have supplies on hand, enough o get through a couple weeks to a month, but being a prepper is more about long term assets and skills to see you through no matter the emergency and no matter how long it lasts.

I'll warn you though, the t.v. show Doomsday Preppers is NOT a very good representation of what Prepping is. No one preps for only ONE type of incident the way the t.v. show says. Many of the people showcased in the show are upset with the way NatGeo represented them.

That's where you find that fine line between Emergency Preparedness and being a Prepper. You can have supplies on hand, enough o get through a couple weeks to a month, but being a prepper is more about long term assets and skills to see you through no matter the emergency and no matter how long it lasts.

I'll warn you though, the t.v. show Doomsday Preppers is NOT a very good representation of what Prepping is. No one preps for only ONE type of incident the way the t.v. show says. Many of the people showcased in the show are upset with the way NatGeo represented them.

Yep, anything I'd do would most likely fall under the "Emergency Preparedness" umbrella. Save for, you know, the guns and ammo.

I feel like "How to escape a burning tent" should be required learning material prior to creating such a thing.

- JHunter

That was part of my Army basic training. It was not on the TRADOC (training doctine) for that day and the Drill Sergant was PISSED!!!! Fun times

That was part of my Army basic training. It was not on the TRADOC (training doctine) for that day and the Drill Sergant was PISSED!!!! Fun times

Oh yea, absolutely. I wasn't saying that to be a smart ass. I've seen many GP Medium's go up in flames on account of those horrible stove heaters they stick in here. Makes you take "fire guard" far more seriously.

- JHunter

Oh yea, absolutely. I wasn't saying that to be a smart ass. I've seen many GP Medium's go up in flames on account of those horrible stove heaters they stick in here. Makes you take "fire guard" far more seriously.

- JHunter

In our case it was not the tent that went up in flames.... it was the Private Dumbass.

There were a lot of rocks in my class.