Spartans Home

House clan or merc unit?

Cent~SPARTA~

If you have been keeping up with the mwo forums then you no we looking at a summer realeas for the game. We have to decide who we going to align with,

I don't think we will get the numbers to strike out on our own so we might need to consider joining with a company already established atleast at the start.

Agreed.

Difference between being a House Company or a Merc Unit are in the Perks the two status may offer. That is still a bit unclear.

Let s see how many will join the cause and then we ll see what we ll be able to effort :)

Every faction battles over regions and is always at war with at least one other faction. This gives the players some options as to how they participate in the greater war. They can ally with one of the faction, moving up the ranks, or they can join a mercenary corporation. They can remain neutral and go the lone wolf path.

?Core Worlds ? Are managed by the dev team. These are worlds that necessary for future planning and part of major historical events.

?Faction Worlds ? Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player?s Faction.

?Border Worlds ? Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.

Players move up (and down) the ranks of a faction, should they choose so, by earning Loyalty Points. These are earned by killing enemy units and completing other objectives for a faction. The incentive is to keep players actively fighting for and helping their cause, since inactivity will result in Loyalty Points decreasing and therefore, demotions.

Mercenary Corps are a little more interesting and Loyalty Points earned by members go to a shared Corp pool which ? when large enough ? can be used to bid on contracts for factions. Like Factions, Corps have a ranking system but the names of these ranks can be entirely unique to that faction ? it?s up to the Mercenary Corp leader to decide. This is how we expect guilds of players to form and make their own unique in-game ?clan? of sorts. In order for a Corp to fight for a faction, they must earn and maintain a certain amount of Loyalty for them.

The last option is for Lone Wolf players ? they can earn LP on their own by playing matches but do not gain any benefits from doing so as they would for faction. Hint: join a cause, don?t be a loner.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

As you say batwing we need to see what level of intrest is, It would be good if we could atleast form a sparta company. Thats 4 lances of 3 mechs. This should be achievable,

What needs to be stressed is even tho it follows a similar path to WoT its a team bassed game from the start. You won't get anywhere solo.

As you say batwing we need to see what level of intrest is, It would be good if we could atleast form a sparta company. Thats 4 lances of 3 mechs. This should be achievable,

What needs to be stressed is even tho it follows a similar path to WoT its a team bassed game from the start. You won't get anywhere solo.

I think you will be surprised at how many people will be playing this game. Everyone I know who is playing WoT is considering quitting that game to play this one so you may see a huge amount of intrest.

I hope your words are right Gunthar :)

I couldn t ask more than having a nice group with Spartans to have a consistent presence on MWO.

I hope we will be able to accomodate a couple of Lances US and a couple of Lances UK to match time-frame needs. Mixing is always welcome anyway, but that can make it difficult sometimes :)

About the Lances, I do remember a Lance was 4 Mechs for IS, while the Star Lance on Clan was 5 Mechs.. I may be wrong.. it has been too much time :)

[quote name='Batwing~SPARTA~' date='14 March 2012 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1331741922'

About the Lances, I do remember a Lance was 4 Mechs for IS, while the Star Lance on Clan was 5 Mechs.. I may be wrong.. it has been too much time :)

Teams of 12 split into lances of 3 mate, on avrage 1 scout, 2 mix defense assault 1 comand lance.

Check the role warfare dev blog.

interested... More interested if there is 'stick and throttle

In the latest QnA they mention key bindings and controls, pedals, joystic, multi joystics all can b remaped for individual players

Ok how long before someone here builds their own Mech cockpit at home and takes it that one step further to nerddom.

EDIT: ok after looking at this: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3151112/Mechwarrior_Cockpit.html

I want to build my own.

Edited by Gunthar~SPARTA~

I watched the full 13 pages thread there....

What that guy did is INSANE !! Amazingly Insane!! ... I mean.. he built the throttle from scratch instead of simply "get" a freaking throttle... just saying...

It is unbelievable.. but.. althougn is a great job, I am not sure it is a "modular" solution. meaning.. you can t do that kind of work and then not being preparred to swap modules in case the final game you are going to use is going to change commands/inputs.

He built all of that around MW3 info for the most part. And the other aspect i am not fully happy about is the screen. Buttom line, a mech cockpit should be a "visual" experience. This guy made an awaesom job, don t get me wrong, but it seems like a very old project and didn t follow up with latest technology.

Probably when he started (Mechwarrior 3 age) 1 screen was what all of us could think about. In the last 2 years we are talking about 3-screens at least to work on the sideviews. That cockpit makes me think of an old Inner Sphere mech. Then Clans came over and their cockpits had above and beyond tech !! lol..

Not to be picky, but if I shoudl put down a project for something similar, would be a bit different.... however i am not even able to mount a shelf to the wall.. soooo... I should pay millions to someone to do it for me :)

Lol

2 screens n twin joysticks will do for me.

You can set all mech chassis controls to 1 n fire controls to 2nd, will work well I think.

Ps I checked again bat n u right 4 mechs to a lance.

Edited by Cent~SPARTA~

About control config I had a very weird config in the past.. It worked pretty well to me tho.

I had a joy on the left hand, multi bottons and navigational settings and mouse on the right with all the weapons settings.

I find Mouse being the most precise firing system in MW. With the left hand on joy i was handling Nav, engine and directions. I disable Y axis to leave full control to mouse and I gave X axis Legs control for direction. Throttle on Joy was providing engine control.

I have been using a Logi extreme3D. Is a simple joy. I didn t try to use the throttle part of my Flight system because the throttle there is extremely stiff. In past MW games throttle control needs to be "immediate". Forward and reverse on the spot. Theoretically I could assign just buttons to the engine instead the throttle. Such as Stop, 1/2, Full and Reverse. Just don t like it.

This config worked very well to me.

Now I do understand MWO will support TrakIR. This is a great news!! I have to figure out what can be the best use of it but having a chance to use the extra help from TrackIR is gonna be stellar.

Same here, I think most MW competitive players used the Joystick/Mouse combo.

I had a M$ Sidewinder pro and a M$ Explorer mouse. Allowed for very accurate fire (for legging etc) using the mouse for the torso and good movement using the Joystick for that. Then all the Group firing, Jump Jets and other necessary controls spread about as required.

Looking forward to seeing how the twin reticles pan out, will be nice if I can slave the arm reticle to the TrackIR and the Torso one to the Mouse :thumbsup_anim: