Spartans Home

MechWarrior Online - Must watch interview

Batwing~SPARTA~

This is my concern about this (or any other) mech game:

My introduction to mechs was with FASA's "BattleTech" game back in the mid-1980's. I loved the strategy and tactics of the game: heat management, locational damage, etc. Over the years, a number of mech games have stripped out these elements, making the games more like a typical FPS without any of the tactical/strategic considerations; the upcoming game "Hawken" seems to fit this description.

Does anyone know if MWO will stay true to its roots, or will it be just another action shooter?

Hey Fatal..

You may wanna take a look at this Interview which somewhat answer in brief some of your questions (I m posting this very quickly, this could be a duplicate of the first link.. i do apologize for that)

Oh.. and.. did I forget to mention this will be on ORIGIN ONLY??

--- Just kidding man ;)

OMG !! Check this out too !!

MechWarrior Tactics !!!

WTF... total silence on MW for 10 yrs and now all together all the goodies ??? ghhhhhhh

And also... Great preview here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/mechwarrior-tactics-preview/

Once the chaos of battle ends the next round begins, and the action starts all over again, with a move phase, an attack phase, and another awesome cinematic scene. At the end of the game, all of these cinematic scenes will be weaved together into one video that can be replayed and shared, showing off the full war as it happened without all of the turn-based stuff in-between.

Wow...

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

I guess you never played the original Battletech board game Viii..

The old game, in the 80s.. 90s, was a borda game based on turns and actions, very simulative, played on large maps with exagons..

Long story short, they made a translation of the old board game with cool 3D effect and animations. i mean.. Nowadays i don t know if that is cool. It is cool for me because it reminds me great games i had on that boardgame.. lol..

Vintage stuff ;)

Well,

It is definetely a Strategy game. It s not an RTS because is not a Real Time Strategy. It works in turns.

2 or more players move their pieces on the boatd with 2 phases; one phase is movement, one phase is combat.

Each "piece" is a Mech,, lsrge bot wit a human pilot inside, which add the fact pilot can be killed or injured, compromising Mech performances.