Spartans Home

New Minecraft 1.2 Server

KalXen~SPARTA~

So last weekend, Bukkit came out for 1.23. I have moved what was on port 2405 and set this up on the Map on minecraft.legionofsparta.net port 2400.

With this, the following addons have now finally come out and I'm installing them:

As for the current 1.1 server, I may be converting it this weekend so that we can salvage some of thing items from it. But I don't plan to keep it up permanently. As the 1.2.3 version has new biomes, we will be sticking with the new world.

One note - it has been brought up that the current CraftBukkit and Minecraft 1.23 has some odd world generation issues. If you look at the Dynmap, you can see some blocky chunks that were being generated, and not as smooth as before. I suspect they will end up fixing this, meaning that the world generation will be oddly updating any new chunks once the fix comes out.

Update: I have updated to latest Bukkit for 1.23 R2 beta.

Per the suggestion from Unicornpie and Gonzstar, we will be trying out a new world building idea that will allow for new biomes. Essentially, if a new map version comes out with new biomes, we will look to keep this map, and just expand the worldborder another 1000blocks, allowing new biomes to be generated outside the existing world radius. This will give concentric ring look to the world. We may even put up some tall walls at each of the borders, and open "gates" into that new content when/if its expanded (Dinosaur Train/Evangelion feeling..)

As such, Worldborder is now set to 3000 block radius from spawn, and the entire world has been pre-generated. Dynmapis in the midst of being re-built and will be done in a few hours. Will work with the guys to generate the massive world walls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...