Spartans Home

ACRE Mod

Shinobi_EBDA

So, I've been away from ArmA a fair bit these days - well, away from gaming at all, really - but I'm getting back into ArmA again.

Was playing a COOP mission on GenKill server where they had this mod running, and all I can say is: AWESOMENESS!

What the mod does:

This mod does two things, basically. For starters, it finds you on teamspeak and links anything you say there into the game so that it lip-syncs with your character. This sound is complete 3D audio, and also affected by distance - the further away you are from someone who is talking, the less you hear.

The second thing it does, is add a squad radio system to your inventory, with a default talk key set to Caps Lock. You can adjust volume of the radio, adjust which ear you hear it in, and also adjust which channel you're on - 1 through 16.

I've also heard rumours that the AI will hear you talking if they're close enough. I haven't seen that in action, as we had all heard the rumours and were using radio clicks to communicate when AI were nearby.

Oh, another good thing with the mod, is that it automatically mutes you if you die.

This mod really helps add to the realism of a mission, and forces teamplay even more.

If you haven't already tried it, I'd suggest you do!

So, I've been away from ArmA a fair bit these days - well, away from gaming at all, really - but I'm getting back into ArmA again.

Was playing a COOP mission on GenKill server where they had this mod running, and all I can say is: AWESOMENESS!

What the mod does:

This mod does two things, basically. For starters, it finds you on teamspeak and links anything you say there into the game so that it lip-syncs with your character. This sound is complete 3D audio, and also affected by distance - the further away you are from someone who is talking, the less you hear.

The second thing it does, is add a squad radio system to your inventory, with a default talk key set to Caps Lock. You can adjust volume of the radio, adjust which ear you hear it in, and also adjust which channel you're on - 1 through 16.

I've also heard rumours that the AI will hear you talking if they're close enough. I haven't seen that in action, as we had all heard the rumours and were using radio clicks to communicate when AI were nearby.

Oh, another good thing with the mod, is that it automatically mutes you if you die.

This mod really helps add to the realism of a mission, and forces teamplay even more.

If you haven't already tried it, I'd suggest you do!

We tried to get this a while back but it is a hot button topic among our group so it was decided to not utalize it due to the divide between those who loved it and those who hated it. I for one love the mod and think it gives that realism which is sometimes missing, best of luck to you in getting this on the servers.

Maybe "divide" is too strong of a word, but it definitely seems there's some clear differences in opinion/interest.

Btw, if Arma stuff ever starts back up again, I'm down as well. I'll have to download the updated SPARTA ACE mod and all that, but it's that time of year where there's a lull in video games. I still lurk here in hopes of some more Arma scenarios starting up again. I miss all the fun we had last year with Domination, War in Takistan, and Gunthar's/Lightspeed's various scenarios.

Ah, good times.

Most?! i think this was the only mod that didnt make it lol...............ACRE is immersive when you're playing a realistic scenario like for example a patrol mission.........but i dont know...when you're playing a stupid set up such as Domination then its just tedious and....dumb.

On the other side...i remember tacdom with whispers on ts3....ACRE would have been perfect for those....but not a lot of difference i think.

I'll try and catch you next time I'm awake when you're on Zeno (probably later tonight, after I come back from the bar. Don't worry, I'll be sober...no money to get drunk with lol.)

I'll agree with everyone here though that it's pointless in Dom. TacDom or missions would benefit greatly from it. For that matter, there's some good missions out there that are ACRE dependant, that we could then look into getting.

I'll try and catch you next time I'm awake when you're on Zeno (probably later tonight, after I come back from the bar. Don't worry, I'll be sober...no money to get drunk with lol.)

I'll agree with everyone here though that it's pointless in Dom. TacDom or missions would benefit greatly from it. For that matter, there's some good missions out there that are ACRE dependant, that we could then look into getting.

Well perhaps when your done picking up hot guys at the local bar you can come play a little Arma with your friends.

he loves those hot dudes lol I would love the acre Mod on our server for Tac Dom days but not on just Domination mode. I want to get everyone back into ace ill be playing everyday now just hit me up if im in a different channel on ts3 and ill join u.

Killebees

Jeff I have installed the ACRE mod on the ACE Tac server, here are the list of mods running on that server

@disp

@SPARTAACEv1.13

@RHweps

@fallujah1_1

@duala

@glt_missilebox

@lingor1.1

@Ovaron1.3

@podagorsk1.1

@lingorunits

@fastrope

@ACRE

@JayArma2Lib

I have uploaded the mod to our download site HERE, the file is named ACRE_V1.3.16.469. I have turned the ACE tac server on.

he loves those hot dudes lol I would love the acre Mod on our server for Tac Dom days but not on just Domination mode. I want to get everyone back into ace ill be playing everyday now just hit me up if im in a different channel on ts3 and ill join u.

Killebees

You are aware no one likes you and doesn't want to play your silly mod.:)

CRAP

haahahahahahaahhahahahaaaahahahahahaha

..._...|..____________________, ,

....../ ..---___________----_____|]

...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/

.....), ---.(_(__) /

....// (..) ), ----'

...//___//

..//___//

.//___

Edited by EBE

• 1 month later...

What I like the most about this mod is the directional audio they put into the TS chat, so it's like you're talking in the game. Then, once you're further away you're forced to use the radio. I also think the AI can hear you talking, so you have to be quiet on those sneeky missions.