Spartans Home

VoiceAttack

DaiSan

So... I've been testing this program out for a couple of weeks now and tbh I was so impressed with it that I bought it within 20 minutes of installing the 21 day free trial.

Now, it may be a bit expensive and you may find it hard to justify the cost but it's probably about the best $8 I've ever spent. (yup...$8, that's £5.70 ish).

So "What is it?" I hear you ask.

It's a small program that uses the built in Windows7 Voice Recognition software (or free M$ download for XP) to control any Software using speech (Predominantly games in my case).

It is very similar in use to Joystick or Mouse configuration software in as much as you tell it what you want to say and what you want that phrase to translate into ie Keypress or Macro etc (You will get a better description on the website).

You need to at least run through the basic voice recognition training in Windows (about 10mins) but the more you train the more accurate it is though I have done very little training and it is working brilliantly. As an example I first started using it in IL2 and I mapped the phrase "Bail Out" to (yeah, you guessed it) Bail Out. Now my main concern was that whilst playing and talking over TS to Zeno etc I would possible as them if THEY had "Bailed Out" at which point I would jump ingloriously from my plane for no good reason. Nope... works perfectly, it differentiates between Bail and Bailed fine.

I cajoled Zeno into trying it and he's bought it too.

I've now mapped stuff for ArmA II and it's working great, GPS, Watch, Compass, NV, Third Person View are all now voice controlled freeing up keys and making life a lot easier.

Anyway, enough of the sales pitch, try it for yourselves for free from Here and thank me later :thumbsup_anim: