Spartans Home

Another Free Program

EBE

Yeah I tried that out a while back, was a lot of fun. I eventually built a rocket that left Earth completely and was headed out into space, but after about a day and a half of it shooting into space I had to finally shut my laptop down.

i officially want to submit a petition to ban EBE and RawDog from our community for introducing such a life sucking, time consuming vice, that officially dragged me, n00b, and several others into this trance of getting into orbit and reaching the moon. No seriously, what a fun game, recommend it to all.

Love this game! My nephews do too, but one of them gets really mad when the rockets blow up!

jcpxLc.jpg

One of my Mun and back ships. http://minus.com/mcHThWb#14

jx9xTXXPYnoff.jpg

I liked these mods most -

Nova Punch Remix Pack

Silisko Industries Doughnut Research & Spacecraft Development

Edited by AlarmedBread

ok, to get to the moon, you have toget out into orbit, to around 600,000m from earth, then, get a heading of 90 or 270, and burn to get into earths orbit. Once you get into earth orbit, the earth will start accelerating you, and you will slingshot into the moons orbit.

ok, to get to the moon, you have toget out into orbit, to around 600,000m from earth, then, get a heading of 90 or 270, and burn to get into earths orbit. Once you get into earth orbit, the earth will start accelerating you, and you will slingshot into the moons orbit.

Sweet, so they actually have the moon in the game now? Can you physically land on it? Back when I played they hadn't added any of that yet (once you got into space there was pretty much nothing to do other than orbit the Earth)

yeah yeah i had it once the wright orbit but no more fuel (not the pics below)

orbital-guide1.png

Screen-Shot-2012-02-28-at-00.38.41.png

Screen-Shot-2012-02-28-at-01.01.38.png

Screen-Shot-2012-02-28-at-01.36.05.png

Got this mod Alarmed.......Nova Punch Remix Pack.......thanks a lot dude now its even "easier" &^@%&** %&^*@ @$&* @*^@$%#*!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

That mod is a must have btw,adds A LOT of stuff....but it makes it an entirely new game though.

Take off straight upish around 50k start to roll heading east or west and achieve orbit around 500k west is a little easier to catch the Mun, east you gain a slight slingshot and save fuel.

Once in orbit, go around once until you see the mun start coming over the horizon, turn and burn toward it http://i.minus.com/jyw4TcVZtUPMK.jpg

At this point it doesn't really take much, just keep an eye on your map once in a while and make sure you don't overshoot it. You'll be using some time acceleration between burns so be careful it's very easy to over do it.

Get your trajectory to intersect about where the Mun will end up, around 30 degrees ahead

You probably went too fast, so do a reverse burn using your nav ball green cross and slow down to get into Mun gravity

Achieve Munar orbit

Reverse burn to head toward surface, aim for a dark crater since they are smoother

Kill your horizontal and vertical speed so you don't die

Return trip only requires RCS thrusters if you're only bringing back the pod

Get back into mun orbit, then do a burn toward home, get back into orbit or just go straight in. You most likely won't burn up on re entry.

I have to double check my ships work on the demo version, but I will post one later for ya to try. It really helps to have a joystick. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AlarmedBread