Spartans Home

MC 1.2 Preview on 2/29 - Full on 3/1

MedicSN6

A Minecraft 1.2 Vanilla server is up on the Survival port. It will require you to update to 1.2.

minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2405

As for the existing massive 1.1 world, until Bukkit updates to support it I am leaving it as is. I would like to get a vote on what everyone would like to do with it.

1) Nuke it and start a new world on 1.2

2) Keep it, and upgrade it to 1.2 knowing we will never see the new biomes on it.

Ok, so as Hajimoto and I have now found out - 1.23 has a whole new file format. Attempts to convert the old world to this version corrupts the world map. Haji did a TwitchTV recording of his world convert where you can see the chaos.

So.........................................

That means we have little option but to make a new world. :( Will see what I can do to copy/paste things from the old world in, but it appears we might be rebuilding things.

The 1.23 world is live w/ latest beta bukkit on minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2405

**UPDATE**

I made a copy of my server completely to another location, pasted the new 1.2 Minecraft_Server.Jar to the folder and ran it again.

When the conversion completed, the world was there and complete.

Apparently while coping the world over the first time (earlier today), there was a hiccup in the data stream that corrupted the header enough to have the world be trashed.

All is good in the world (pun intended) again. I have tried the latest release of CraftBukkit "craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.2-20120304.091010-2" and the world pops up fine.

Now I am just waiting for all the bukkit plugins to catch.

Thank you