Spartans Home

Bike Cam

DaiSan

nice, though the subtitles don't add up ... (referring to "SLOW" on the road). plus you guys keep driving on the wrong side .... you have the 'right' side of the road, and you have the 'wrong' side of the road :)

No, we drive on the right side of the road......... :England:

I like the new position... although I think the camara may have shifted position at about 2:22

Yeah, hard bump moved the bracket (only fixed for a test).

I'm going to move it to the OS and see how that is.

Is it a bullet cam Dai. I had one fixed central in the front wheel arch between the forks on the underside of the nose fairing, gave a good central view, but after a while I decided it was a bit low down.

It used two of the ratchet type plastic holders, one the adhesive pads were left >24 hours to set it held the camera no probs, but I was always wary of it giving way and fouling the front wheel so I rigged some cord to a bracket so if it did some loose it'd only drop down a few cm.

I've been meaning to look for some mounting bracket for the wing mirrors, but am put off by possible vibration.

Is it a bullet cam Dai. I had one fixed central in the front wheel arch between the forks on the underside of the nose fairing, gave a good central view, but after a while I decided it was a bit low down.

I've been meaning to look for some mounting bracket for the wing mirrors, but am put off by possible vibration.

This is the cam I bought T (nice having the remote mounted in the fairing).

I can't mount it between the forks as on hard braking I would squash it and either crack the fairing or mudguard (or both).

Took some more footage today and this is probably where it will stay for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrkrwabXR7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizJpUm3ieY

How long does the battery last and how much footage per MB/GB

16gb SD gives me 5hr 24mins of 720p footage and the battery is probably good for 8hrs or so. Good thing is it will run off the USB cable so I'm going to look at getting an onboard power unit to run various things, this, iPhone, possibly heated grips etc.

That's quite good 720s a decent resolution for the price. Might look at one of those myself.

I take it you've got it attached to the front wheel somewhere as there's a fair amount of judder when you hit a bad bid of road.

• 4 weeks later...

Dai,

How have you been getting on with this. I had it out the other day and managed about 3-4 hours on the battery. Aside from that I'm quite happy with it, footage is good, just need to sort out the mounting, as using the suction mount has result in some extremely wobbly footage :bike:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my bike MOT & taxed, will think about fitting a cam too.

Your quality is great, sound is a different thing.

Nice.

Yeah, unfortunately the mic is built in and unless you mount the camera near the back of the bike to pick up the exhaust note all you get is wind and engine noise.