Spartans Home

New mobo

Thanks for the reply Steve. I have one in mind, And will check that baby out, Thanks, Any one else to suggest one? I heard we have rocket sciencetests in the group and my rocket is broken right now. Calling Verner Von brown

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Foxconn makes the C51XEM2AA- 8EKRS2H:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813186098

They also used to supply it to EVGA, who re-badged it and sold it as the 122-M2-NF59-TR. That's the version I have, and I love it! Super stable, very overclockable, tons of BIOS support, etc.

The only thing that I don't care for is the powered-fan cooled north bridge. If it had a passive solution like the ABIT or ASUS versions, it would be perfect!

Happy building!

Well since you got that behemoth AMD CPU .... best to put it to good use hmmm

OVERCLOCK THE SHIT OUTA IT :)

For this you will prolly like either of these boards > Asus Crosshair or DFI LANPARTY UT NF590 SLI-M2R/G.

Read up on em and start salviating coz if this wont perform join the darkside and just bin it and get an INTEL E6850 and hit 4.5ghz on air :P

Oh !! .... rember to use decent ram like a Cruical hipo stix as AMD's dont like high ram voltage.

Ok so there is my choise if you can part with the funds, And no the Asus isn't my first choise as both have similar specs and DFI have better O/C name and no rear gay panel for nooblets.

However i think the Asus outmatches the DFI as the easier one to screw around with DFI can be finicky on ram brands especially.

Ok L8R

Why thanks Mutilator, I have heard good things on the lan party board I will look them over. my firend has the crosshair and loves it. I did some research on the problem and think one of the mossfet power controllers took a dump on the MSI board, eather that or got the one in a thousand defective board or got bad luck. Oh well its not the first time, and won't be the last im sure.

Ya hoss your thinking along the same line I am. but I think the winner is= Asus

or the crosshair.

when I get the msi k9n diamond 590 sli board back its going into the wifes machine. It will be A good boost for her and I can put in the loose 6600gt vid card I got laying around.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

or this one looks good but its not sli

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

• 2 weeks later...

Well got the new mobo in and did the rebuild. I had a problem with ram, seems that every different board takes different type of ram and that sucks. So I got it fired up and with only 1gig but man she runns great! the new AMD 6400+black edition cpu is hardly even breaking a sweat running crysis but the low amount of ram is killing me. so ordered more and its on the way.I really like the asus m2n32-sli preminm vista edition board, comes with a infered remote controll and a cool duo minuture colorlcd screen so i can put vista gagets on it and monitor live read out on temperatures and outher cool crap. I like it, runns great.

Well I was seriously looking at the m3 thats the one I should have got but it wasent sli and was kind of lacking in options, When the rest of the ram gets here I will run her thru the paces and see whats up. The 590 sli chippset is one of the top performers