Spartans Home

Mods or no mods

Inimigo~SPARTA~

Hey all,

can see a lot a regularly flying already, which is very good.

Topic, as you can see, is about MODS.

I have flown, over the years a variety of mods (Mainly HSFX, UP & Jet Pack) which all ended up just bothering more than they helped. It goes 2 ways actually, it broadens the game a lot, though many people use different mods and you end up with 3-4 versions of the game on your hard drive (each exceeding 10 GB ...).

Now, I gave up on that and have flown IL2 stock the other day with you guys, though miss the jet era (which is the last I used to fly --> N. Korea Mig 15 & 17's vs F-86's).

What I'd like to share with you, one currently still Work-In-Progress, are 2 things:

UP3 (UltraPack 3) RC4, which is very stable, including many jet fighters already (as the F-86 and Mig 15 & 17).

and

the F-4 Phantom !!! WOOHOO

qtOPyiBEhK.jpg

Check the links for more info.

F-4: http://freeil2moddin...-1-7-vt971.html

UltraPack 3, RC4: http://ultrapack.il2...x.php?board=7.0

I can only recommend to go for UltraPack3.

As long as everyone follows the same MOD, there should be no issue. Starting to add additional jets (outside Ultrapack, let's say) is fine, as long as you donot host games with these extra's...

Anyhow, food for thought.

We have a bunch of mods that we already use and the Ultrapacks are on our download site.

UP2.0 (on 409.1m) - Zeno Dai-san, Floyd, Peter, AlarmBread, Custard, JHunter

UP3.0 RC4 (on 410.1m) - Zeno Dai-san, Cuatard, AlarmBread

HSFX V5 - Zeno

We have been using UP2.0 (on 409.1m) with Zuti and warbirds (all incorporated in UP3.0), I think its not a problem to switch to UP3.0. I dont see the point of the Phantom unless its part of a jet pack for the same era, but I do like the idea of having the flexibility to fly them.

The problem with the missile era is the role of avionics, mind you a plane with a WSO (such as the F4) could be interesting.