Spartans Home

Medic 30 today [18 +]

custard~SPARTA~

Thanks everyone for the birthday well wishes! Had a great day yesterday. First, I was off from work, which is always a good thing on your Birthday. (No one should have to work on their BD. Not even the POTUSA.)

Started the day by driving to Fairfax, Virginia and went to a gun store with a shooting buddy of mine. I didn't get anything but wanted to buy everything. Then we got some lunch from a microbrewery and drank some of the freshest brew (some Stout of which I can't remember the name.) We then went to the NRA Headquarters and walked around the National Firearms Museum (which is free by the way) for about two hours. Tons of cool exhibits and guns. and the lightsabres used in the original trilogy are there. Very cool. We had planned to go to the NRA shooting range, but time was getting short and there was a significant wait for a lane so we packed up and headed home for dinner with our wives. Dropped $100 on dinner (wasn't expecting it to be that much), but it was very good and the beer was delicious. We ate at Capital Ale House in Harrisonburg, VA.

Overall, it was one of the best birthdays I have had as an adult.