Spartans Home

Flight Simulator X

Zeno~SPARTA~

Does anyone use this sim?

I have had Flight Simulator X for a while but was so useless I gave up on it. Having improved my skills in IL2 1946 I have revisited it and have been enjoying flying from local aerodromes and airports in a variety of aircraft. I am still mediocre but have enough enthusiasm to keep going.

There are many mods for this sim and I wondered if anyone had experience and would point me in the right direction to save me sifting through all the sim forums.

Z

First thing you'll want isFS Global 2010. That will increase the detail is the points of elevation making land look more realistic. Next, I would get Real Environment Extreme. REX is an excellent programs which gives you hi-def textures for everything from runways to clouds. My Traffic X adds many different kinds of AI aircraft to the world around you.

Aside from those 3, There are some smaller mods which can give you photo-realistic scenery for cities or just very high resolution data for a particular region(like the Pacific Northwest). My favorite region mods are from FTX. There are also many, many airplanes, helicopters, and missions you can add, but those are all personal preference.

Anything else you want to know?

ETA: MegaSceneryX also has some really good scenery.

Edited by Yoshi

Does anyone use this sim?

I have had Flight Simulator X for a while but was so useless I gave up on it. Having improved my skills in IL2 1946 I have revisited it and have been enjoying flying from local aerodromes and airports in a variety of aircraft. I am still mediocre but have enough enthusiasm to keep going.

There are many mods for this sim and I wondered if anyone had experience and would point me in the right direction to save me sifting through all the sim forums.

Z

I don't have any mods for it per se, but I did used to have some fun playing it back when it came out. I even tried multiplayer, which was interesting. There were actual people acting as air traffic controllers (usually they are ATC or ATCs-in-training in real life), and everyone was acting very professional, much like how they act in real-life. While it's good fun, I don't have the patience to do much more than a 2-min flight.

Also, I have the expansion for it (Acceleration I think) that adds jets and carrier takeoffs/landings. That's when things get interesting. It also adds Red Bull air races in P51 mustangs and Extra 300s.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

My sons IT teacher does the same thing Kav, he has a shed at the end of the garden with his 'cockpit' in it.

His students think he is as mad as a box of frogs but then they all play minecraft lol.