Spartans Home

Russia - Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Gameplay

.. Toward the end, did he destroy a BTR with 3 frag grenades ??

I don t know.. I am very skeptical about this game.

I just don t understand why they decided to go to this arcadish, console style with the hybrid 3rd person view (becoming 1st person when using optics).

I just can t take a Ghost Recon game like this seriously.

All of these gadgets, Thermal vision, Radar vision ( I don t know how to call it when he switch to that view to see ppl inside the buildings)... It seems to me there are too many visual aids.

Ok, it is called Future Soldier but is there any real connection with stuff potentially available? If they were calling it G.I. JOEs was making any difference?

Probably can be a nice game to play but calling it "Ghost Recon" is just offensive to the franchise IMO.

I have to echo the sentiments of Batwing and Durka. I'm ok with some arcade-ish shooters, but the switch to a primarily 3rd-person camera does not sit well with me.

Furthermore, I am not a fan of Ubisoft's "always online" DRM. If the company was more reliable with it, it wouldn't be such a big deal to me, but the constant problems that Ubisoft has with their DRM scheme, including this upcoming issue, totally turns me off of their games that use it. I passed on buying HoMM 6 during the Steam Holiday Sale because it.

think i would have to wait for a preview of the pc version before making a judgement as to buying it or not.

at the end of the day ubi want a slice of the fps market like cod and bf, and they have to stick all these gizmos and fancy HUDs in so the kids will buy it. spoke to the guys at GRIN when they were making GRAW and they were in a constant battle with UBI because of the over the top HUD and shiny things which was moving well away from the traditional ghost recon experience but UBI insited upon. tbh i think UBI should have used a new name for their futuristic kids games and kept ghost recon raw and traditional.

The ONLY way I will play this game is if SPARTA members get behind it 100% and the Co-op is VERY good.

This is NOT a Ghost Recon title, Ubi have killed the GR franchise.

You do realise that the DRM includes hardware as well, change major hardware components and it's re buy the game time.

Ubsoft before EA any time of the century. At least it will run. And before someone posts a derogatory remark, Do me a favor

Load up Battlefeild 2 buy EA games and do all the up dates, then play it for a week, then come back and let us know how it was, then maybe the consensus will have a different tune after you have had the butt whipping of your life from EA games. LOL! Your regestry will be so screwed up you will have to reformatt just to get your machine to boot again after that punshment. LOL!

But GRAW 2 has been alot of fun in co-op with the endless new maps out, its still fun.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Ubsoft before EA any time of the century. At least it will run. And before someone posts a derogatory remark, Do me a favor

Load up Battlefeild 2 buy EA games and do all the up dates, then play it for a week, then come back and let us know how it was, then maybe the consensus will have a different tune after you have had the butt whipping of your life from EA games. LOL! Your regestry will be so screwed up you will have to reformatt just to get your machine to boot again after that punshment. LOL!

But GRAW 2 has been alot of fun in co-op with the endless new maps out, its still fun.

GRAW was good, but what ubisoft did to the makers of that game was utterly wrong.....

I'd hope GRIN did a ghost recon for themselves, but its too late for that....

• 3 weeks later...

I have a solid rejection for 3rd person view shooters in general.

However I am finding myself completely captured by Mass Effect trilogy, which although being a large RPG, it has (especially now with the 3 one) a solid "shooter" side. ME3 is amazing good.

Problem I see with this GR version is related to adapting the game to a shooter crowd. GR never was supposed to be a shooter 3rd view. That is what it makes bad. I have honestly no clue at the moment if is a good or bad "game".

It could be a great game for what I am concerned. My hostility toward it is related to the name they gave to it.

If they called it "G.I. Joe" I would have been saying "wow this seems cool, let s give it a spin!!!".. for the exactly same game :) .. but they called GR, therefore, to me it SUCKS :)

I gotta admit, over the years, 3rd person has really grown on me. With these game companies each and almost every time releasing these FPS games with really bad 1st person models *ejection ports on the wrong side of the gun, small gun models, annoying head bob and more* I have been actually enjoying playing in 3rd person. I'm actually OK with the new GR being in 3rd person. I like watching the animations work and seeing everything around me. I dont think with all those interesting animations they have added into this game, that 1st person would be very comfortable. I think motion sickness would be a problem for most and they would all complain. Maybe having the option to play in 1st person would be nice, but I really dont see a need for it anymore. I do miss the FPS feel though :(

Slick vid mate

I understand the tech toys and all that is nice on one level

But I want to hear about MP, dedi server, maps, game modes and I'm seeing none of this

I don t know...

the more I watch it the more I don t like it.. and somewhat irritates me...

They say "near-future technology for total awareness". How near future is that? GR used to be a sort of possibly "realistic" title.

I didn t follow the most recent warfare tech, but honestly such advanced cloaking device, i don t think is anywhere "near" future.

Such Hi-Def "magnetic vision" (how they call it) doesn t seem to be a "near-future" stuff.

It really seems to me a quite solid Sci-Fi shooter. If those soldiers are so Super-Tech where is the "challenge' vs the Enemy?

I just don t get it and that s why irritates me....