Spartans Home

ArmA 2 PvP mode - CTI - capture the island

Batwing~SPARTA~

So, I am trying to get closer to Arma, a beautiful game I left apart a few months ago.

Yesterday I had an interesting session with Karl, Scorpion and Overseer. They are actually playing an intriguing PvP version called CTI

If I should compare the Mod to something we all know I would say the BF3 Conquest. But this is the only comparison can be made.

This MOD allows very interesting options. I will try to explain the basic but if any of the "Veteran" players wanna jump in and tell us more, I am sure it may sparkle some interest in other ppl too.

All is based on money. With money you can buy assetts to use during your Conquest task. The more you kill enemies and conquer objectives, the more you get reward you can use.

You can play in several ways. Joining an ongoign team of peers, alone and creating a Squad of AIs (potentially way more than a squad) to help you to achieve your goals, or just Both.

So, of course maps are huge. you have to travel to get to towns where you will conquer Main Base and Bunkers, then you move on. Classic Conquest concept.

What intrigues me is probably the Commanding aspect. You can create a Squad, Platoon, whatever.. the size is limited only by how many units you can control and the money you have to spend on them.

I really would like to learn more and play this mod with others, this can be very interesting.

NOTE:

I forgot to say, we played this on totally Vanilla OA, no mods allowed.

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this is a fun version of PvP for sure.

I also enjoyed the Attack and Advance, or whatever that game mode was. That was probably as close as you can get to Battlefield in the ArmA world. A row of points to seize and the teams start at each end of the map. You have to capture them in order, which makes for good opportunites to cut the enemy's advance off by neutralizing a flag behind their own front lines.

EDIT: Advance and Secure, I think it's called - AAS

Edited by Shinobi_EBDA