Spartans Home

Giving up on TOR/Origin

If you read the sidebar posts, you'll know that I initially had problems getting Origin to recognize that I had purchased SW:TOR. EA fixed the issue, but it has cropped up again. To add insult to injury, EA double-charged me for the purchase of the game, and both transactions have posted to my account.

On top of that, I was trying to play BF3 last night, and I kept getting kicked out of games with a "Lost connection to EA issue". For about an hour, Origin kept saying that my login credentials were invalid, then I would be able to login again, then I would get booted with the invalid credentials again. As of this post, I am still unable to login to Origin.

I am going to ask EA for a refund on TOR, and I certainly won't be purchasing anything through Origin again.

Sorry to hear that man. :(

Not a fan of Origin myself, but more for it's exclusivity and lack of any substantial features over Steam than anything technical. Haven't had a problem with it or Battlelog since BF3 Alpha. B-Team is still going strong and is now one of the top 10 competitive BF3 teams in the US. We placed 4th (out of about 145) in Newegg's Wanfest earlier this month. We've also got a guild in SWTOR on the Fatman server, "Paralax Occlusion". Not sure what server you guys are playing on though.

I wouldn't sweat it, aside from the financial aspect. I've been popping in during the evenings and weekends. Seems TOR and BF3 have worn off for many.

Until we find our next flavor of the month....

This has been by-far the most expensive flavor of the month I have ever joined in on. /scrooge

It seems we have all been prioritizing like adults as of late. I too have not had much time to play getting read for my Haiti trip, which kicks off Monday morning early (23 Jan.).

I have been playing a lot of the story line and it seems I am barely keeping up with the level of enemies. I'd like to do some PVP at some point, but it isn;t a priority and I may begin a new character to do so with. Probably a Sith Warrior.

FP, I do not need to load Origin or have it running in the background to play the game, even though I purchased it through Origin. Try using the game loader instead of going through Origin.

My default location on Win 7: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\launcher.exe"

I created a shortcut and AFAIK, it bypasses Origin all together. I hope you don't give up on a really cool game. About two months of casual play should get a character to 50 and be enjoyable.