Spartans Home

HARD DRIVE - DATA RECOVERY

NoScream~SPARTA~

DATA RECOVERY

Ever had a crashed hard drive, an operation system that will not boot, an OS that starts to boot and then resets and boots again and again?

The answer is not to reformat your hard drive but to recover the damaged OS, MBR (master boot record) or personal files from the inaccessible drive.

How?

DATA RECOVERY

====================================

Data Recovery Wizard Professional V4.0.1

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizardpro/index.htm

This little beauty is one of a small handful of high level utilities that can do the trick.

---------------------------

The SECRET is to unplug the inaccessible drive from the machine and plug it into a second machine either on PATA (parallel ATA) or SATA (Serial ATA) depending on type and then use this program to access it.

It can access drives that are recognised by your BIOS but nothing else.

When can you do this?

* Hard Drives that have been formatted.

* Corrupt or missing critical file system structures.

* Accidental file deletion.

* File loss without reason.

* Unexpected system shutdown or application failure.

* Computer viruses and worms infection or corruption.

* Boot-up problems.

* Partition structures are damaged or deleted.

* Damage due to a power failure or surge.

* The new version enhanced supportability for Windows Vista

* Recover files from devices with unknown file systems including Hard Disk, external ZIP/USB drive, removable SmartMedia, MemoryStick, SD cards, etc..

I have done this a number of times and again for a family friend this Christmas, the procedure is simple and takes about 2 hours on an 80Gb drive with 50Gb of data NTFS(longer with more data). This includes backing up the corrupted drive before trying to fix it too.

Works with Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista on all hard disks, hardware RAID, software RAID drives with the following FILE SYSTEMS

FAT, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3 file systems

-----------------------------------------

Need a drive adaptor for your laptop drive to fit your PC for data recovery of laptops?

2.5 --> 3.5 PATA

UK

http://www.ebest24.co.uk/products/computer...872dafe22342c6b

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...&doy=search

USA

http://insidecomputer.stores.yahoo.net/la2tode3hadr.html

Any more info talk to me ;) Below is the nzb for the newsgroups.

Another great utility is ERD Commander

http://searchwindowssecurity.techtarget.co...1212576,00.html

If fact so good that microsoft bought them !

http://www.microsoft.com/systemcenter/wint...rdcommander2005

REVIEW

http://www.fullandfree.info/software/erd-commander-2005/

Partition Table Doctor V3.5

http://www.ptdd.com/

Partition Table Doctor can create an emergency floppy disk or a bootable CD to recover the bad partition even if your operating system fails to boot.

Download from torrents

=====================================

FAQ

=====================================

Ask: Will Partition Table Doctor run natively on my operating system?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor runs natively on the following operating systems:

DOS Windows 95/98/ME Windows NT Windows 2000 Windows XP Windows 2003

Ask: How does Partition Table Doctor help me find lost partitions?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor can recover FAT16 / FAT32 / NTFS / EXT2 / EXT3 / SWAP partitions. More partition recovery information see How to recover lost partition.

Ask: Does Partition Table Doctor support all the hardware?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor basically supports every type of Hardware. However, some hardware products have inherent errors, which become noticeable when using Partition Table Doctor. For more details see Problems with Hardware.

Ask: Will Partition Table Doctor work on any size hard drive?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor has been officially tested on drives up to 250 GB. However, users have not reported any problems when using Partition Table Doctor on drives larger than 250 GB.

Ask: Is it possible for Partition Table Doctor to manage one operating system(s) together with another operating system(s)?

Answer:

Yes, the Partition Table Doctor can manage individual operating systems completely separately. Therefore, every individual operating system works with every other operating system.

Ask: Will Partition Table Doctor run under Linux?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor does not run natively under Linux. You can recover Linux partitions by running Partition Table Doctor from another operating system or from the Partition Table Doctor emergency diskettes or bootable CD.

Ask: I am unable to find lost partitions after "Rebuild MBR" with Partition Table Doctor.

Answer:

Rebuild MBR only rebuild "main boot code" in the master boot record. More partition recovery information see How to recover lost partition.

Ask: How does "Undo Changes" work?

Answer:

On Windows, Partition Table Doctor gives you the option of undo changes. In the unlikely event you need to reverse the changes made by Partition Table Doctor, you can use the undo file to return your disk to the prior state. By default, Partition Table Doctor creates an undo file automatically when you have make changes (i.e. Save, Rebuild MBR, and Fixboot).

Ask: Cannot write to Harddisk under MS-DOS or FreeDOS.

Answer:

Go to BIOS setup and disable the ?Anti Virus? or ?Virus warning? option in ?Advanced BIOS Features?.

Ask: When I boot from Partition Table Doctor emergency diskettes, all the menu items display ?null?. How do you fix it?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor basically supports every type of video card. However, some video cards have inherent errors, which become noticeable when using Partition Table Doctor.

Please follow these steps to fix it:

1. Go to BIOS Setup and enter "Advanced BIOS Features" and set "Gate A20 option" to [Normal], save and exit.

2. If the first step doesn't work and you have a USB mouse connected, please plug-in your PS2 mouse instead.

3. If the second step doesn't work, we recommend you change the VIDEO card and try again.

4. If the third step doesn't work, setup the Harddisk on another computer running Windows as slave Harddisk to recover partitions.

Ask: Size of Harddisk displayed by Partition Table Doctor is different from the real size of Harddisk.

Answer:

You can go to BIOS Setup and Run HDD IDE AUTO DETECTION to configure the Harddisk.

Ask: After running "Rebuild Partition Table", when rebooting I received message "Error loading operating system. Use startup disk and Mbr Doctor to rescue MBR, press any key to reboot".

Answer:

Computer motherboard BIOS could have inherent errors, which are incompatible with Partition Table Doctor.

Please follow these steps to solve the problem: 1. Enter CMOS, run IDE HDD AUTO DETECTION to configure the Harddisk, choose LBA mode. 2. If the first step doesn't work, boot from Partition Table Doctor emergency diskettes and close the program, type ptd /mbr.

For example: 11

ptd /mbr ( default Harddisk1 )

ptd /mbr hd2 ( for Harddisk2 )

Ask: I want to recover lost partitions on my external Harddisk drive, will Partition Table Doctor help me?

Answer:

Partition Table Doctor can recover lost partitions on external Harddisk drives.

Ask: Is tech support free?

Answer:

Yes! It's free for all.

Ask: I have more questions - who should I write to?

Answer:

Please send your additional questions to support@ptdd.com.

Ask: I have tested the Demo version of the Partition Table Doctor and now would like to purchase it. How do I do that?

Answer:

You can go to the online shop.

Ask: I want to purchase Partition Table Doctor, but I don't have a credit card.

Answer:

Purchasing Partition Table Doctor without a credit card, please see ?Order?.

Ask: How do I get updates of the Partition Table Doctor?

Answer:

Current updates of the Partition Table Doctor are (only) obtainable via the Internet. Currently, all updates are free!

Ask: I have lost my full version of Partition Table Doctor. Can you help me?

Answer:

Please email us at support@ptdd.com. Please include your name, address, email address, and order confirmation number (if you have it). We will be glad to help you.

msgid_2676747_EASEUS_Data_Recovery_Wizard_Professional_v4.0.1.nzb

• 3 months later...

I had a instance with the wifes machine on xp. It failed to boot, kept asking for boot disk. So I think eather the hhd died or had a boot virus. Don't know for sure what happend. But anyway, it even wouldent reformatt with the xp disk in it. Could be the hhd died, So I thru in a new hhd and reinstalled xp and fixed. But the wife was pissed due to she lost some pics and stuff as aways. So I wondered what the hell happened. So I took the old hhd changed the jumper to slave, then gave the hard drive motor a rap and pluged it in and it worked. XP has its own disk repair utility built in to the operating system. It went into restore mode and repaired the disk, brought the sectiors back and works fine now, so copyed the pics off and waiting for it to die again. What a deal, it will keep you gessing.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

• 4 months later...

When I built my last PC I gave the old one to my son. So I did the right thing and backed up all the important photos and stuff too my new PC's huge backup drive then gave him a loverly new install of XP to play with after I had reformated the HD.

Well what I actually saved where links to the important stuff on the now reformated drive oops.

I kept the HD in a box in the hope I could recover the stuff on it.

After trying all mentioned recovery programs I tried this little baby.

Photorec from http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Main_Page

I now have all my pics and stuff back bloody good little program :lol: