Spartans Home

1500m Headshot...... Legit?

Watchman~SPARTA~

Okay, odd thread title but hopefully grabs some attention.

I had a couple of hours online last night, mostly on a server running Rush on Sharqi Peninsular. Durka was there at one point and we played a round or two, scoring reasonably well, through flag capture, although we lost in the end.

Anyhoo, Durka and a few others cut out but I stayed on for one last round, joined by Clerik. We were US team and straight away I got onto the TV station roof to do a bit of sniping. At this point there were no Russkies visible within a good few hundred metres and I was crouched ino the wall next to a pallet. Next second I'm down to a headshot. The killcam showed the guy on an open, grassy area and I figred he was to the left of the station around the radio mast. I had luckily dropped my spawn beacon on the roof, so came back and (I thought) steathily tried to spot him.

All in all, I died 35 times, to my 2 kills and most if not all of my deaths were his, his final K/D being 37-2. Eventually I worked out where he was: From the TV roof, looking over the town, he was far left behind the large water tower on a low ridge line. Clerik, myself and a third guy went hunting but could not get him as he was positioned "out of bounds" for us. I think his 2 deaths were nade related, as you literally could not see him to shoot at.

He was using an L96 and on most occasions getting me with a single shot i.e. I wasn't even hearing ranging shots that would have allowed me to take cover. Checking his profile, which reads very good (K/D ratio of 1.7) his longest headshot is 1494m, has anyone got close to that or is there something fishy?

Wasn't the range as such that got me thinking but the fact that he was getting me with single headshots at that distance, when I was barely exposed over the paraphet. I did join the next round to take up his position and from there, with my SV98 & 12x scope, you can barely see the head of anyone crouching on the roof due to the upward angle of trajectory.

All in the experience I suppose but just can't get over how repetitive and good he appeared to be. Thoughts?????

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a hack, although I'm not familiar with any and what they do. I've given up trying to understand this game. When you are shooting at a guy 50m away and it takes 6 registered hits with a G36, only to have him kill you near instantly, something's wrong. When it takes more than one RPG to kill a guy, it would surprise me that somebody is getting so many instant kills with a sniper rifle, especially those weapons because I haven't found one yet that's one-shot-one-kill unless you hit the head.

All that being said, I once tried sniping and got a headshot on a dude who was driving full speed perpendicular to me in a dune-buggy. There's just no understanding this game.

Too difficult to say definitly hax, my biggest issue is the out of bounds thing personally I think it would be nice if there was no such thing and spawn should be moderated by admins

Too difficult to say definitly hax, my biggest issue is the out of bounds thing personally I think it would be nice if there was no such thing and spawn should be moderated by admins

Yes, my thoughts too. Having realised his location and taking time to stealth through the town, up to where he was, I was mighty pissed to find he was camped " out of bounds" and essentially invincible.

In the past 2 weeks or so, someone posted a thread with a funny BF3 video, although I can't find it at the moment.

If you watch some of the other videos created by that same person, you will see some legitimate long-range sniping--the range is such that the player had to offset his aim by as many as 3 tick marks (or more) to make the kills.

Of course, that's no guarantee that you guys were not playing with someone that was cheating, but at least know that such kills are possible. I'm sure there are probably some more videos on YouTube showcasing the same thing.

Edited by Fatal_Papercut~SPARTA~

link to profile watchy?

its easy to dial in to one spot and shoot someone if they are always in the same spot like you would imagine - even at a large distance, but if you were always in different places and getting shot with one shot then that's incredibly good shooting.

i was looking forward to using the bigass sniper gun and the 12x to see how things were but i never got round to trying it.

i think it's reasonably common for people to get their longest sniper kills against their mates on empty servers so i wouldn;t read too much into someone's longest kill, but 1500m is pretty damn far... although around 1670 players have longer headshots than that!! longest headshot is 4898.30m http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/pc_headshdist#start_0

some guys exclusively use sniper rifles at their longest ranges so things become easier to target, but their profile should so some nice info :) i assume he's midway down this page somewhere: http://bf3stats.com/leaderboard/pc_headshdist#start_1650

edit, that stats site is good for checking player's history and charts whatever info you want so you can see in some games, or at a particular date if a player became super accurate or their spm went upto 10,000 but only for a couple of hours and then down to 150 for the reast of their games as to not attract as much attention to their profile.

Edited by PANiC

At work so I'll drop a link later but he's not on that page? Maybe he has a longer hit now?

To be honest his profile didn't leap out to me as one of an obvious haxor, maybe he just is that good.

I was always trying different locations on the roof but having tried his position the whole roof line was in his direct FOV. Whereas for me, although I knew where his approximate location was I still had maybe 100m of ridgeline to scan. So he had the advantage but he was still dropping me inside 2 seconds of me popping up.

I've seen a few snipers hit people on TV from the Russian helipad, which is pretty damn far. I've also seen them hit people at the helipad from the TV's radiotower. Though usually it takes them quite a few shots to actually land one (they have to adjust after each shot), but if the dude plays the map enough and knows where to aim already, I'm sure he's become quite adept at sniping people on TV.

Though, he may also hack. Doubtful, as usually aim-botters avoid weapons with drop (like the sniper rifle) because most of them don't factor that in, and as such use more straight-trajectory weapons like assault rifles at close-medium range. Still possible though.

So he may just be very good, or he may hack, but you'd need to play more games with him to find out. I'm surprised he didn't get shot more though by enemy snipers, not like you can hide all that effectively for long when your scope lights up your position like the sun...

P.S.- Did you try engaging him from somewhere other than TV roof? I'm sure he was watching that roof like a hawk and was already zoned in well enough to accurately shoot anyone he saw.

Edited by MH6~SPARTA~

PLEASE READ THIS.. just Fresh from facebook and from the official forums

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2012/01/11/Battlefield-3-anticheat-measures-intensify.aspx

If you feel there is something to report, just use it. I do approve this from DICE to work against cheater, but having a "doubt' if you had been "cheated" does not help. just report what happened with particulars.

To me, using an "outside boundaries" location is already cheating, besides the fact he was able or not to aim with such accuracy at that distance.

This game is already frustrating for other reasons, i don t really need fucking cheater around :)

It's not a hack, those super long range headshots are actually from an early bug/glitch where if you drove and destroyed an EOD bot from really long range it counted it as a marksmen headshot. So people would just drive EOD bots out forever and shoot at them to boost their longest headshot ranges. It's a glitch that has long been fixed however.

Edited by Rooster90

• 1 month later...

My longest headshot is 950 meters with a 12x scope, and that's on a buddy who is standing still waiting for me to shoot him. I could basically only see him because of the reflection on his scope.

But still, if this guy has shot at the TV station from that same position many times, he would know how much he has to compensate. I learned pretty quick how much I had to compensate to hit my buddy, as we were in the same spot all the time.