Spartans Home

KAL I have an idea...

EMT~SPARTA~

Hey Kalxen!

Do you think we could do another server, on top of the one we have, that is survival, but if you die, you are kicked till the next day?

We could make it pvp, and no killing people when they spawn in. As long as you dont share your corrds, no one should be able to get to you, without stumbling onto you. Make the world a certain size like it is now, so no one goes off in one direction for infinity.

We could try it out, and if you die, you can just go play on the other server till the following day/ or week/ or hour, which ever we decide on.

I watched a video with a similar setup, and it looked like lots of fun. People joined teams and did ambushes on people. It was pretty cool looking. We could make it public, but i dont think anyone wo0uld really join since we dont advertise the server.

JUST AN IDEA!

BTW: Hope you are feeling better!

Edited by EMT~SPARTA~

This is what I tried to get set up prior to this map but it didn't appear to get much interest.

Are you mentioning this cuz you've lost the thrill of death since becoming a mod? If you'd like to, I can remove your moderator access and let you go back to Builder status where death has a bit more meaning again like everyone else has.

If not, there are options:

1) We could set up a separate server, but then we run into people being split up again. This is fine for a Friday survival island night, but not sure for long term.

2) We can easily set up another world that you can warp to.. allowing people to stay within the same server and chat, and the worlds have different permissions. So people could be a mod for one world, but being a noob on the other. I think there were add-ons to even separate your inventory so that you had different items from one world to the other which would be necessary to make this work.

As for the kicking/banning for a day, that is only available by a certain mod in bukkit which I don't believe has been updated for 1.0 yet. I'll have to check however.

I believe it didn't get any support because people thought that was going to be the only server. We needed something full time. I need my addiction. But with an established server already to go to after, it seems more logical/fun to implement now. I'll ask around tonight on the ts and see what people think.

I don't play often but when i do, i get bored easily.. i like the survival 3 life maps *cough cough* but if it kicked me for a day after i died, i think i would put more energy into playing. maybe a reward system for not dieing, to go with the punishment?

I really loved (and miss) the survival stuff we did. Although, I'm liking the chance to pop out ideas unhindered by lack of resources. Having two servers serving both of these ideas would be great.

For the survival.. If there isn't a mod that does this already, we could even set it up to automatically give you items (or XP - better choice IMO) for every day you stay alive.

The survival map is up and running. It is on minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2405. Same server, different port. Whitelist is also active, so if you cannot access you need to post here w/ your login name. Most everyone who has played before should be on the list.

This is full hardcore, and unlike the other server!

• If you die, you are banned for 30 minutes. Any items on you are lost. So be careful where you walk.
  • PVP is on, encouraged, and lethal.
  • Difficulty 2 = mobs are harder, and you will die quickly if you do not eat.
  • WorldBorder is set to 500 blocks from spawn. So the world is not large.
  • Anything you find is up for grabs. No home is sacred, so hide your stuff well.
  • You can create 1 locked chest using the LWC commands. (/cprivate) This is the only way to bank something.
  • Spawn is the only safe haven on the map. Gentlemen agreement not to grief the spawn.

May be adding in a few more add-ons to have random days with more monsters, lethal lightning, etc.