Spartans Home

Starting a Guild [STARTED - Ludicrous Speed]

MedicSN6

I am planning on starting a guild on Sith Meditation Sphere.

Currently, I am thinking about names. I am leaning heavily toward Trolololo Syndicate as a funny title and for a more serious Light Side title Vitruvian Order.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Spartans in Space

LOL. The image of you being a Muppet like Muppets in Space, amuses me.

I am not looking to relate the Guild with Sparta or the LOS Community specifically. Basically, inside the game, it will have nothing to do with Sparta, ECWC, Team RAGE, BPR, or any global gaming group specifically. This allows us to recruit from within the game and not just from any one pre-existing community. Or force a player into joining an online community. At the moment, I have no plans to make a website or forums or private TS. I don't think this guild would warrant such measures, but it is possible in the future if we recruit enough players in the game.

I plan for it to be very casual and as a resource for us to easily get together to run Missions and Flashpoints. There are a few benefits such as having private chat channels and organizational structures, but for the most part it is tantamount to having fun but being as organized as a guild would allow.

Made me chuckle too.

We at SPARTA made a mistake (IMO) not being more positive towards EVE and as a result those of us that played the game did so mostly serparate from us.

You should consider the positive of making a guild with some connection to us here it would allow you to get most onboard here that want to play and give you a bigger start.

You would never need another TS.

I don't think it would break any guidlines we have if you recruited new ppl within SWTOR and they didn't automatically join SPARTA I don't think they would be under any obligation to us but would be welcomed in the same way we have welcomed others.

Made me chuckle too.

We at SPARTA made a mistake (IMO) not being more positive towards EVE and as a result those of us that played the game did so mostly serparate from us.

You should consider the positive of making a guild with some connection to us here it would allow you to get most onboard here that want to play and give you a bigger start.

You would never need another TS.

I don't think it would break any guidlines we have if you recruited new ppl within SWTOR and they didn't automatically join SPARTA I don't think they would be under any obligation to us but would be welcomed in the same way we have welcomed others.

Either way the guild would be fairly spartan heavy as the majority at the beginning would be members of sparta. Associating it via title is trivial and serves no direct advantage either way.

Supporting the members who choose to play a title does not necessarily involve everyone's active participation in the game. One of the main reasons EVE failed was because the same methodology of directions and leadership in Sparta was applied to the Corp in EVE. The two were not compatible mainly because of EVE's design and the overall way to play the game. While I like the way Sparta is run save for a few issues here and there, applying that type of government to a guild is largely unwise. I'd hate to see a repeat of EVE and will do all I can to prevent it.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Throw out names and we'll start it up - prefer to wait on this til Monday as I won't be gaming until then.

I'm only aware of UDK and Sparta players on our server, and we did agree on TS to come up with a comical generic name so as not to create the impression that you had to be a Spartan or UDK (or other) member to join.

Muppets from Space

Power Converters

Tattooine Tea Totalers

Nerf Herders

Not yet, but it will happen this week. I am paying the creation fee, so no need to worry about that part. All I need is four others who want to be charter members.

I think Kalxen has a winner with Ludicrous Speed.

The suggestion from Kal for the name Ludicrous Speed has been approved by Majestic, myself, and Steel. Four is enough for me to... Make it so. Dammit, wrong universe.

I plan on creating the Guild tonight Jan 4, or tomorrow Jan 5. It all depends on whether we have four players online. Again, I am paying the 5K credits, so no need to pay anything.

Again the guild will be about the collective having fun. Check your politics and bullshit at the door. We can group together if we want to or play solo if we want to. There will be no obligation to group up while we are on the server. The only thing that I ask is that we work together by providing crafting items for each other as needed (bring your own crafting materials), share items as we find them and help each other defeat bosses, heroics and FPs.

The other thing is that we will not be participating in any harassment of other characters or guilds. Bioware is banning people with no questions for dumb shit that doesn't even amount to anything. They have banned people for foul language in private chats, joking about selling credits, and numerous other innocuous things. Please be mindful of the chat... and the Force.

To me, this game is about having fun. I mean to keep it that way.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

We started the Guild last evening. Ludicrous Speed is OFFICIALY ON POINT!!!

Those present (Making them founding members) were:

Malorek - me

Kalxen

Rainlilly - Kal's Spouse (She sounds like a woman, but knowing Kal, I'm not so sure.)

YankeeOSU

Tye - Tyler

Tha'Geek - Steel

To everyone else, you are all invited! Please let me know whether you'd like to join and we'll make it happen. MTFBWY.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~