Spartans Home

Stat title descriptions

MedicSN6

Absorption increases the % of damage improved by a successfully shielded/blocked attack, and is analogous to block value in World of WarCraft.

Accuracy is improved by Accuracy Rating, and determines the chance for our melee and force abilities to hit the enemy. After a certain breakpoint (when 100% hit is achieved), it instead reduces the likelihood of deflection and resists.

Alacrity is analogous to Haste in World of WarCraft, reducing activation and channeling times.

Armor is a valuable stat, providing Kinetic and Energy damage reduction.

Critical Chance is the chance to score a critical strike, which improves the damage/healing of an ability by 50%, and is improved by Critical Rating and the dominant stat.

Defense increases our chance to parry/deflect melee/ranged attacks, and is analogous to parry in World of WarCraft and similar games.

Power increases damage dealt by the relevant prefix - Attack, Force or Tech.

Shield increases your chance to shield/block attacks, and is analogous to block chance in World of WarCraft.

Surge increases the magnitude of critical effects, improving their extra damage/healing beyond +50%.

Thanks, I had been looking for some of this and with little luck filtering through all the SWTOR guide adverts.

I was curious about Surge. Sounds to me like it isn't worth much until your Crit % is up first.

Need to fun out more of the other stats, Endurance, Cunning, Aim, etc.

Absorption increases the % of damage improved by a successfully shielded/blocked attack, and is analogous to block value in World of WarCraft.

Accuracy is improved by Accuracy Rating, and determines the chance for our melee and force abilities to hit the enemy. After a certain breakpoint (when 100% hit is achieved), it instead reduces the likelihood of deflection and resists.

Alacrity is analogous to Haste in World of WarCraft, reducing activation and channeling times.

Armor is a valuable stat, providing Kinetic and Energy damage reduction.

Critical Chance is the chance to score a critical strike, which improves the damage/healing of an ability by 50%, and is improved by Critical Rating and the dominant stat.

Defense increases our chance to parry/deflect melee/ranged attacks, and is analogous to parry in World of WarCraft and similar games.

Power increases damage dealt by the relevant prefix - Attack, Force or Tech.

Shield increases your chance to shield/block attacks, and is analogous to block chance in World of WarCraft.

Surge increases the magnitude of critical effects, improving their extra damage/healing beyond +50%.

Hmmmm I don't see credit being given to Reddit on this post......

True enough, however, Reddit didn't credit to Bioware for creating the shit in the first place. Thanks goes to Bioware for making a cool game.

Hmmmmm Medic endorsing Bioware for making a cool game. Must make a note in my flavor of the month handbook that SWTOR is "Cool"......Noted

Hmmmmm Medic endorsing Bioware for making a cool game. Must make a note in my flavor of the month handbook that SWTOR is "Cool"......Noted

Honestly, all Bioware does is make cool games. ME1,2,3, Dragon Age series, KOTOR series, etc. What they do, they do very well.