Spartans Home

SWTOR server

I have yet to buy this but may by this weekend. A fee non LOSC friends have asked me to play and have already chosen the "Sith Meditation Sphere" server to play on. I have not heard from anyone else in LOSC as to any server they are already on.

If nobody else has settled on a particular server, please choose this one as I would like to hang out without multiple characters on multiple servers.

I have yet to buy this but may by this weekend. A fee non LOSC friends have asked me to play and have already chosen the "Sith Meditation Sphere" server to play on. I have not heard from anyone else in LOSC as to any server they are already on.

If nobody else has settled on a particular server, please choose this one as I would like to hang out without multiple characters on multiple servers.

I will be getting the game but I do not want to play on a PVP server. I want to play PVE only.

What's wrong with a PvP server?

It's the same as a PvE server, plus a little bit of PvP under certain circumstances.

A PvE server will also allow more limited PvP if I understand it correctly.

I prefer PvP, though most of my play will be PvE.

The following has limited detail on the differences, but is a quote from the website:

"Selecting a Server

In Star Wars?: The Old Republic?, you will choose one of four types of game servers to play on. Different players have different preferences; some prefer a competitive environment while others prefer an atmosphere where they can focus entirely on personal and group missions. For some players, the most important aspect of the gameplay setting is that everyone respects a high level of immersion by staying in character when they communicate in the game. You can find out what type of environment each server is by looking at the item marked as "type" next to each server?s name.

While people with experience playing Massively Multiplayer titles will immediately know what each of these different environment types are, those of you who are new to the genre may have questions about the available options. A short description of each of the four different server types below should give you a better understanding:

?Player vs. Environment (PvE) - In Star Wars?: The Old Republic?, Player vs. Environment servers serve as the "default." On these servers, you have the option to role-play as your character, and player- vs.- player fights must be agreed to by both sides.

?Player vs. Player (PvP) - On a Player vs. Player server, players from the opposing faction can attack you at almost any time. Of course this means that you can also attack them at almost any time. This provides you with a more challenging experience since you are under the near-constant threat of attack, both from NPCs and from players aligned with the enemy faction.

?Role-Playing (RP-PvE or RP-PvP) - Role-Play-specific servers are for those of you who want to take your role-playing experience to the next level and create your own persona in the Star Wars galaxy. Role-Playing servers are available as either Player vs. Environment or Player vs. Player, except on these servers players remain in-character at all times to provide a more immersive experience."

More on PvP pulled from the website:

"?PvP ? We have an entire team dedicated to adding content and features to player vs. player. We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this team. So far very few people have seen, or know much about the stunning Open World PVP on Ilum; when you get to the high levels prepare to be blown away! In addition to that high level PVP content, expect new Warzones and new PvP features on a regular basis."

Not entirely sure how they are differentiating PVP vs PVE on that game yet, but typically a PVP server means people are flagged at all times to be able to kill another player and don't have to be in a special PVP area. I'd guess that a PVE server requires you to go to a special warzone or area to do PVP, and lets the carebears play unaffected.

-- Just saw you edited your post to state the same above.

Edited by KalXen~SPARTA~
Facepalming for repeating what Cy said, with his ninja forum skillz

Sith Meditation Sphere (a PVE server) is the server we will all be playing on Primarily. Though some will play some other servers some times.

Hopefully, we can organize a Guild eventually.

I think most will be Republic and so if you want to interact with the others directly from near the beginning it might be better to be Republic, but hey, play what you want, it's your game.

IF we do form a Guild, then we are supposed to be able to have both Empire and Republic sections for the Guild.

I am in for PVP servers it is a lot more fun when u know u can be attacked at anytime. Always have to keep your guard up at all time and makes u play as a team and complete missions together. but im for what ever mass votes for..

Killerbees

This is one of the things I hated most about EVE. Getting ganked is not fun, doing he ganking is. If I lost my weapon in BF3 whenever someone picked it up, especially having worked for hours to get to it and then unlocking all the kit for it, I wouldn't play the game. SWTOR is no different. It's the losing items and XP that I do not care for.

This is one of the things I hated most about EVE. Getting ganked is not fun, doing he ganking is. If I lost my weapon in BF3 whenever someone picked it up, especially having worked for hours to get to it and then unlocking all the kit for it, I wouldn't play the game. SWTOR is no different. It's the losing items and XP that I do not care for.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

Stormtroopers were not always clones. Episode II just used clones to build a big new army of Stormtroopers because the Republic had just finished a millenia of peace wherein their old army of Stormtroopers were largely diminished. The clones were needed to defeat Count Duku(sp?).

Dude,

Stormtroopers were not always clones. Episode II just used clones to build a big new army of Stormtroopers because the Republic had just finished a millenia of peace wherein their old army of Stormtroopers were largely diminished. The clones were needed to defeat Count Duku(sp?).

Waitaminute...so Storm Troopers were there all along? Why bring back a technology (ST) that's a thousand years old? Why not develop a new technology or use something less archaic? And then why change the damn uniforms after a few years? (Epi IV-VI)