Spartans Home

Community Projects

AJsarge

I know everyone is kinda doing their own thing right now, and seeing the awesomeness that was part of the old server may take a little while, but is anything planned? I've got a minecart station setup under my island, just waiting for someone with creative privileges to make a network, and I was going to start a public nether hub, but trying to place it near the spawn just linked it to EMT's portal, which going into sent me to his house.

We've got all this land to use, why not do something fun with it? (that isn't a giant pedo minebear, or copy pasta aircraft carrier...) Or, see what people can do when limited to only materials they collect (like I've done with the Eastern Isles, which are still in-progress, and I want to add sooo much to them I can't decide what to actually do).

I'm working on an above ground transportation system. This one will be different than the past ones as it'll go to a number of stations set on the map instead of directly to everyone's homes. Right now I'm trying to divide the world into manageable "sectors" that the stations will be in.

Why not this since the world wont get any bigger? One station in each of the four corners, one in the middle of the map. Then, phase II would be to add station between each current station. People could build their own tracks to the closest station. Maybe even partner with close neighbors.

I wouldn't go all elaborate with the builds unless you really wanted to. Having two rails, one for inbound and the other for outbound to the next station should be sufficient. Trying to make things automatic and convoluted takes time, effort and repair if something gets damaged by fire or creeper.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Why not this since the world wont get any bigger? One station in each of the four corners, one in the middle of the map. Then, phase II would be to add station between each current station. People could build their own tracks to the closest station. Maybe even partner with close neighbors.

I wouldn't go all elaborate with the builds unless you really wanted to. Having two rails, one for inbound and the other for outbound to the next station should be sufficient. Trying to make things automatic and convoluted takes time, effort and repair if something gets damaged by fire or creeper.

This is sort of what I was going for, actually. I'm not sure how having people build their own tracks into a station would work logistically, but having walking paths to stations wouldn't be horrible to accomplish. I don't intend to have any bit of it majorly automatic. No cart dispensers or anything of that sort (bring your own cart!). As for mob damage.. that doesn't have to be an issue.

I believe with Mineedit schematics we still have the mine cart stations that Gonz and Unicorn created. Also all of the track templates for above ground are there. That can save some time. To build stations, etc. I have also thought of using the quantum reds tone addon to allow for remote switching for carts along a path.

I have some warps already set up from the spawn and to small towns out 50% of the way out toward rim. I'm all for people taking on individual city projects.

Hrm, the map shape and the word 'rim' just gave a thought of building Discworld....