Spartans Home

Assassin s Creed Revelations - PC Edition - My first look

Batwing~SPARTA~

Hey guys,

I know some of you likes this franchise so I thought to share my first impression after the first hour playing.

First of all i have to say I am a Total Big Fan of this trilogy. The only flaws I found on this game since AC 2 are only related to t some itchy controls, I guess mostly due to the fact some actions have some camera glitches and controls don t respond as supposed to be. In some fast pace action and some timed action to achieve an objective can be a bit frustrating but to me is not at all a deal breaker.

With that said, I do believe between the story line and the attention to particulars on the the 3D environemnt and the intriguing storical elements which are reported with a quite good fidelity, this game has no competition for what is offering to the players.

As soon as you start Revelations you have a feeling of the instense job has been done to make the entire environment realistic and believable. I cranked up the max resolution and the max quality on my graphic. The game is butterly smooth with a visual experience that is simply jaw-dropping.

I can t say if this is going to be true on any machine. I am talking about my config and you have my info in my signature.

Some one said is a bit repetitive in the "execution". Well, i can say that there are interesting enhancement i saw already in the short 1 hour I played. I think they did a decent job trying to introduce more ways to go on on combat and some new moves. There is a new hook-blade useful for many new reasons, there are several bombs you can craft for different reasons and tactics, not sure about armors and weapons but there is a improvement in "concepts". There is an Assassin community in Instambul which is working with you, a sort of "resistance" against the Templars. To me that make quite sense.

Many games put the hero like "the only one" which although is pretty kool on one side, it becomes quite unrealistic... In the kind of war Ezio is fighting, he needs support and it make sense he has a Guild of Assassins coperating and supporting. This was introoducted with Brotherhood and is expanded as a concept in Revelations.

Then, yes, there will be some aspect can be sonsidered repetitive, but to me instead gives a "homy" feeling, because they didn t try to redo something that actually works fine. Movement and combat is familiar, you don t have to re-learn silly crap. Running and jumping and crawling walls, towers and so forth is the same. What s wrong with it?

What s making it different is the environment. Instambult is BEAUTIFUL. Colors, textures, clothes, walls, art, fog and smokes... It is an ongoing masterpiece left me speachless.

Rome in Brotherhood was already a structural and architectural outstanding job. That is my city and I saw the attention to particulars that team pushed to rebuild a city I was able to recognize at street corner level. It was beautiful already and felt "real"... Instabul is BETTER. Probably new technology is available now to this better.

The way the story line is evolving in this first hour is interesting but other people founded "boring" because is a sort of "prologue" to give the chance the player to familiarize with controls and new weapons. It is an ongoing training with a bit of suspance. I honestly welcome the idea because refresh my memory about controls and tactics. It has been a while since when I played the last Brotherhood and having a refresh is welcome. Furthermore, really many games out there have the same approach, to "teach the player" what to do, so I can t see why someone saw that as a "minus".

So as I said, it is still a prologue, nontheless is interesting and already gave some interesting action in a "1500 year 007ish style" such as a quite cool pursue using wagons and smashing into each other and trying to push your pursuers off road and give them damages... That was unusual :)

I have strong expectations for this game. I am sure the story will be on par with the previous installlments and I am sure there will be more than one shocking revelation.

If you loved the Assassin s Creed serie so far, this is a must you cannot miss.

Oh about the Multiplayer aspect? I really don t give a crap about it. That is the only flaw I can consider about the game but I do understand is a marketing direction. Ensuring there is a multiplayer value helps to produce the game and keep costs covered.. I am ok with that. So far they did the excellent job in single player, multi doesn t make any difference to me. I will not play it and I am totally not interested in it, doesn t matter how good it can be.

Totally agree with this. I picked the game up on PC myself, and the only flaw I can think of is the(to me) wonky application of mouse and keyboard. I'll argue forever that FPS's should be played on PC, but I honestly believe that adventure games like AC should be used with a controller. I've got my settings cranked to max, and while the graphics are a step down from the truly tremendous (BF3, skyrim) the game runs butter smooth and without hiccups. I look forward to being able to play again when I get home.