Spartans Home

Minecraft Server explored

KalXen~SPARTA~

This map is not going anywhere for a while as we have decided to stake ground w/ 1.0.

So in order to help with server stability, using the worldborder and dynmap addons, the server world has now been built, mapped, and closed border. The world has a radius of 6000 blocks from spawn, and if you attempt to move past that will be pushed back to border.

Took the server 2 days to generate all 500,000+ chunks (520 region files), and dynmap all night to build the flat map. The minecraft map files in server are now 1.97 gig. Have only built the flat map so far, but it is now live:

http://minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2402/

Things of note I see out in the map:

• We're on a continent. That is a huge ocean to the W/S/E.
  • Naturally occurring shroom island biomes!! Only 5.5k away to the south, or 5.9k to the east.
  • Lots of towns out there.
  • Huge snow areas

Given 5 blocks/sec movement speed of normal walk, and 12,000 blocks from end to end, it would take you 40 minutes straight walking to cross the map. I think that's enough room for EMT to have his private space.

Damn, looking at that map actually makes me want to play. But then I remember how long it takes to collect all the materials to be able to make even the most basic shit, and I get discouraged.

Or I just put you into creative mode and you just build away..

Damn, looking at that map actually makes me want to play. But then I remember how long it takes to collect all the materials to be able to make even the most basic shit, and I get discouraged.

This is one of the reasons I like the economy system. If you have surplus of an item, you can just sell it. Because the economy system also allows for specialization such as farming or mining, people can do just one thing and supplement as needed from the cash they earn doing what they like.

I am not asking for it on the server if it isn't there, this just made me think about it.

This is one of the reasons I like the economy system. If you have surplus of an item, you can just sell it. Because the economy system also allows for specialization such as farming or mining, people can do just one thing and supplement as needed from the cash they earn doing what they like.

I am not asking for it on the server if it isn't there, this just made me think about it.

Still pondering economy. At a certain point iConomy in this game becomes silly - you have to infuse a value for things to get it started, and then unless you have a fairly strong way of balancing it out beyond the infusion then its hard to keep value balanced. Also, having some people on server doing creative mode vs others not makes that also difficult. Some would rather play hardcore, so I'll do what we can to support that while others just want to have fun. With such a huge map world, we should be able to support either.

I have thought about using iConomy support along with Residences or Towny, and let people purchase land and create a town, etc. That would affect creative and SMP players alike, and give a reason for an economy - but it would need to be based on things that creative players alone cannot jinx w/ item creation. Not a huge fan of "Jobs", but it has a niche to support SMP.

So when do they implement opfor and m4's? :P

We have zombies, skeletons, spiders, and a dragon for Op4 and a Bow and arrows as our M4. You could say, we are the hipsters of the gaming world. The biggest Op4 in the game though, is gravity. Fucking gravity.

Dibs on the Eastern Isles! Oh, wait...I'm already there and building. Can anyone mark spots, or does it have to be someone specific?

We have zombies, skeletons, spiders, and a dragon for Op4 and a Bow and arrows as our M4. You could say, we are the hipsters of the gaming world. The biggest Op4 in the game though, is gravity. Fucking gravity.

First rule of Minecraft: Don't dig down.

Second rule of Minecraft: