Spartans Home

Can we get Arma2 server ready for gaming?

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

If it's not already.....

Looking to get some coop going this weekend and want to get the Podagorsk missions uploaded.

We will not use 1.60 patch (its still not quite ready and sitting at RC) - wait for the full release.

Will run Vanilla preferably - thats what the majority seem to want at this stage.

Please can some one PM me password details and FTP details so I can get files ready.

Will play at Veteran level - bring your digital compass and st hud.

Lighty.

Lets get some Arma2 going again!!

There are a variety of servers setup in FireDaemon. Below are the FireDaemon Service Name and their respective mods. I'll only be copying the mod's they are running, but each also runs off of a different configuration file as well, so some may appear to be identical, but I assure you they are not.

ArmA2OA_Ace1

-mod=@disp;@SPARTAACEv1.11;@RHweps;@fallujah1_1;@duala;@glt_missilebox;@lingor1.1;@Ovaron1.3;@podagorsk;@lingorunits

ArmA2OA_ACE_MSO

-mod=@disp;@SPARTAACEv1.12

ArmA2OA_Ace_Tac

-mod=@disp;@SPARTAACEv1.11;@RHweps;@fallujah1_1;@duala;@glt_missilebox;@lingor1.1;@Ovaron1.3;@podagorsk1.1;@lingorunits;@fastrope

ArmA2OA_AceRH_Bday

-mod=@disp;@SPARTAACEv1.11;@RHweps;@fallujah1_1;@duala;@glt_missilebox;@lingor1.1;@Ovaron1.3;@podagorsk1.1;@lingorunits;@fastrope

ArmA2OA_DSO

-mod=@disp;@dso5

ArmA2OA_stock1

-mod=@disp;@spartalib

ArmA2OA_Tac

-mod=@disp;@fallujah1_1;@duala;@glt_missilebox;@lingor1.1;@Ovaron1.3;@podagorsk1.1;@lingorunits;@fastrope;@maxxpro;@RHweps

Kal was correct... the stock server will not be messed with. However, we can either setup a new server to fit what you need or just change the Tac Server's mod list. Give me a full list of mods you want running and I'll make sure you're setup. If you list a mod we don't already have, give me a link to that as well. Here are the mods we currently have:

Ace Server:

- airbornerangersv1.5

- disp

- duala

- fallujah1_1

- fastrope

- glt_misslebox

- Gunthar_Air_mods

- Helo

- lingor1.1

- lingorunits

- MBG_Celle_V11

- mercs

- Ovaron1.3

- podagorsk

- podagorsk1.1

- RHweps

- SPARTAACEv1.10

- SPARTAACEv1.11

- SPARTAACEv1.12

Non-Ace Server:

- CBA

- disp

- DSO5

- duala

- fallujah1_1

- fastrope

- glt_misslebox

- lingor1.1

- lingorunits

- maxxpro

- Ovaron1.3

- podagorsk

- podagorsk1.1

- RHweps

- SpartaLib

- JHunter

well i can tell you for certain that none of the missions with a fastrope insertion were playable - they could not be loaded.

when i looked at the addons activated for the servers prior to joining, neither of the servers showed fastrope addon enabled.

we need this activated either to play 4 of the missions on Podagorsk.

thanx

Lighty

Well, last I checked, the Ace1 server and Stock1 server were running. Which would make your statement true, fastrope would not be enabled. But any admin and a handful of the Moderators have access to Fusion, which is a web app that lets you start and stop any of the servers setup in FireDaemon. I just tried to find the list of people who were given access, but I'm a little pressed for time and didn't find it right away.

Point is, whenever you're ready to play, give someone a shout and they can start the server you need.

- JHunter

Well, last I checked, the Ace1 server and Stock1 server were running. Which would make your statement true, fastrope would not be enabled. But any admin and a handful of the Moderators have access to Fusion, which is a web app that lets you start and stop any of the servers setup in FireDaemon. I just tried to find the list of people who were given access, but I'm a little pressed for time and didn't find it right away.

Point is, whenever you're ready to play, give someone a shout and they can start the server you need.

- JHunter

Lighty has Fusion access

sounds gr8 - I am expecting a full house this weekend for coop - the Arma2 revival continues!!

Some brilliant Duala and Lingor updates on the way too, as well as some new islands - urban mountainous.

I have decided in terms of coop missions that rather then build campaign - I will do one mission at a time so we have one new one per week at least.

This will feed into another of my ventures which will be an Arma2 Coop Tournament which will involve testing some missions for entry into the tournament - you can be the testers or rule yourselves out and join the tournament in the future (up to 9 players will form a coop team). More news to follow and this will be Arma2 community-wide event.

I have Fusion access so if anyone needs changes made or servers stopped/started then don't hesitate to grab me on TS if I'm on.

Would be great to see a co-op tournament along the lines of the old GR ones Lighty (points for objectives, stealth, survivors etc). On that note, there are some great mods coming out atm. A really good civilian interaction one and a nice load out editor spring to mind. If you need any help with missions etc just ask (bored of BF3 already).

Definitley interested in your mission-making skills and any other input you want to provide. Kav has also been assisting with ideas particularly on the Briefings.

I also have several threads runing at BIS to promote the concept and organise some scoring scripts.

I am also working on a sample mission to introduce Arma community to this coop tourney concept.

Stealth Missions will be more difficult in Arma than GR, however, number of downed players (who die or need revive) will feature in the scoring script.

Also looking at loadout mod and a replays mod (wip).

Lots of good stuff happening in this space.