Spartans Home

ArmA II Patch

DaiSan

Due to the fact the Download page states clearly "revert to old install is not allowed" and this is only RC and "final release can differ", I would not mess my game with it.

About my presence on Arma, recently is mostly due to the lack of possible teamplay and the lack of my personal time.

Arma as usual require "time" to do something and lately i had more the kind of situation for "hit and run" on multiplayer. If i can play only barely 20 - 30 minutes, I will probably join BF3 where:

- 1 there is more ppl playing, giving a chance to join someone and teamplay a bit

- 2 I can resolve a match in about 15 - 20 minutes and be satisfied.

last time I tried to join Arma, some ppl was playing some "exotic" version.. it took 25 minutes just to install or unistall stuff i had and when i joined... I had to leave.......

Besides my personal time anyway, Arma is not a game to be played in 2 or 3 ppl. On the other side, i have no interest to go on other servers playing with unkown ppl. I have more than enough with BF3 playing with unkown ppl :)

That might be a great topic in another thread. Why does no one play on the Sparta server?

Because no one plays on the Sparta server.

This actually answers the "why I don't play Arma" question as well: No one (that I've seen) regularly plays Domination anymore.

Until it's more than a Release Candidate I say hold off

Agreed.

Also about not using the Sparta server. We've been playing the public servers alot lately 30+ people in games. CTI Insurgency DM

I wish the stock sparta server didn't have a password.

Lots of people are still playing Arma, would be fun to play on our server again with 20+

R

Edited by Roach

I wish the stock sparta server didn't have a password.

The reason the stock server has a password is because our Pilot and Driver permissions script is currently not working. We did not want to have a Sparta branded server fall into chaos by letting anyone who joins to fly off in a Chopper for their own personal transport or to drive the MHQ off into oblivion.

That being said, if the active Arma players as a whole want the password removed, the topic can be brought up for discussion at the next Council meeting for the Admins to discuss. If that is in fact what you want, state your case and we will take your comments into consideration.

I can't roll back my version with out a full reinstall than??

Skele, if you didn't make a back-up of your game directory prior to installing the patch, then I do not believe there is anyway to simply roll it back; a full re-install would be necessary.

- JHunter

The reason the stock server has a password is because our Pilot and Driver permissions script is currently not working. We did not want to have a Sparta branded server fall into chaos by letting anyone who joins to fly off in a Chopper for their own personal transport or to drive the MHQ off into oblivion.

That being said, if the active Arma players as a whole want the password removed, the topic can be brought up for discussion at the next Council meeting for the Admins to discuss. If that is in fact what you want, state your case and we will take your comments into consideration.

Skele, if you didn't make a back-up of your game directory prior to installing the patch, then I do not believe there is anyway to simply roll it back; a full re-install would be necessary.

- JHunter

Son of a Fucking Bitch!!!

I think for the time being to save money maybe kill the ACE server we're all playing stock/vanilla anyways.

But before anymore ideas get put forth I think we need to talk with Wurl O tanks Nooby (thats right! u still FIRED!) and EBE .

R

if your worried about the choppers or any other air assets being abused then the simple soulution would just remove them.

the only problem with that is it will slow the movement around a map from location to location but aleast with that time you have you plan a assault. it wont effect the gameplay maby it will encourage any new players and vets to stick together and work as a team to complete objectives and show any new joiners that we are a team based players instead of run & gun nutters.

personaly i think we have enough support from the 1st & 2nd in command with artillery on call.

i do understand that some people like to fly but its a choice between an open server new faces,less toys or same toys same people witch in all honisty is not alot these days due to the lack of intrest.

thats just my say though :)

The reason the stock server has a password is because our Pilot and Driver permissions script is currently not working.

Lets fix it? I'll do what I can. I agree, the server doesn't need to be unlocked until air assets can be managed. Doing so would certainly lead to chaos. But if that's what the People want, then so be it. My $0.02 there.

Lets fix it? I'll do what I can. I agree, the server doesn't need to be unlocked until air assets can be managed. Doing so would certainly lead to chaos. But if that's what the People want, then so be it. My $0.02 there.

That script is written and hosted by MH6 and is up to him if he wants to continue to support it.

At this point, we don't have any normal activity. I say we open take the password off and go back to basic domination. Yes it means there is a possibility of bad apples that won't listen to us, but it will also generate activity. We built our standards for play based on moderation and communication, not only a password or script.

Without activity, the server is moot.

That script is written and hosted by MH6 and is up to him if he wants to continue to support it.

At this point, we don't have any normal activity. I say we open take the password off and go back to basic domination. Yes it means there is a possibility of bad apples that won't listen to us, but it will also generate activity. We built our standards for play based on moderation and communication, not only a password or script.

Without activity, the server is moot.

Makes sense to unlock it and see how it goes. I suppose it puts a bit of a burden on mods and admins to be available should the stubbornness get out of hand. (Which is the source of my original concern.

Altho I'm playing BF3 at the mo if the stock server is unlocked and we have some ppl need dealing with let me know on TS and I will allways help :thumbsup_anim: