Spartans Home

Great Idea

Gunthar~SPARTA~

Ah the land of the free but if you dont learn English gtfo!.....where is my freedom to choose not to learn English,if that screws up my chances then thats my choice.........that piece is all borderline you know what.

Ps

The US does not have an official national language.

Ah the land of the free but if you dont learn English gtfo!.....where is my freedom to choose not to learn English,if that screws up my chances then thats my choice.........that piece is all borderline you know what.

Ps

The US does not have an official national language.

Noob don't be dificult or we will have to send you to Gitmo.

Article X is kind of flawed, I'm happy that you would like to be an English speaking country. It at least shows that we (The English) have had some kind of lasting affect on our cousins but there's till some work required:

It's ALU-MIN-I-UM for God's sake!!! :United_Kingdom: :hysterical:

Article X is kind of flawed, I'm happy that you would like to be an English speaking country. It at least shows that we (The English) have had some kind of lasting affect on our cousins but there's till some work required:

It's ALU-MIN-I-UM for God's sake!!! :United_Kingdom: :hysterical:

In all honesty the multicultural nature of America mostly precludes a single language from being the dominate language of our nation. We are predominantly an English speaking nation with the majority of our documentation and history being written in English. One of the major issues we currently have is the change we make to our underlying culture to appease others and that is the premise of that document. We as a culture are as diverse as any on the planet yet you ask anyone who is a citizen of this country what they are and in most cases they will say ?I am an American?. With that statement you are placing yourself as a member of our national culture and as such you should conform to what we as a culture believe. Instead of this we have immigrants, not just illegal or Spanish speaking, that come here to our nation and never so much as make a token effort to learn our language or culture. They expect that since we have freedom they can do what they want and the rest of us must conform to them. In almost every other nation on the planet you must speak the nations primary language fluently to become a citizen however here all you need to speak is no speak english.

I read an excerpt from a book last semester dealing with this exact same topic in regards to the path our nation is taking at the moment. When our nation was founded much of our government and culture was based on what we imported from Britain and the rest of the nation?s people came from. It was a European ideal with a set moral and ethical basis usually around religious principles. Let me be clear I am an atheist and believe that organized religion is hypocritical at best and used to oppress and control people. That being said we were founded on the principles set forth in the religions of the day and I think that any person alive of any religion can agree that good and bad are pretty much universal. If you murder a child it is bad and if you give money to those in need it is good. These are truths across all religions and beliefs which were the foundation of our nation. Our government was formed and our culture molded to ensure these basic tenets were followed, accounting for human nature as best they could. When you take away those ideals piece by piece and turn your nation from a path of individual freedom to accomplish whatever you can dream and give handouts to people so they can sit around and breed like rabbits you have failed to live up to those ideals.

The primary problem with Americans today is that a lot of them expect something for nothing. If I sit here and pop out a kid every so often the government will give me money, a house, feed and clothe my kid, give me free health care, and all I have to do is spread my legs every few years and populate the world with another socially dependent child. It amazes me that you need a government license to drive a car but you need nothing to produce a child. Those of us who work our asses off all our lives to scrape out a living are tired of supporting those who are a waste of good oxygen. That is what the post is about.

The primary problem with Americans today is that a lot of them expect something for nothing. If I sit here and pop out a kid every so often the government will give me money, a house, feed and clothe my kid, give me free health care, and all I have to do is spread my legs every few years and populate the world with another socially dependent child. It amazes me that you need a government license to drive a car but you need nothing to produce a child. Those of us who work our asses off all our lives to scrape out a living are tired of supporting those who are a waste of good oxygen. That is what the post is about.

Believe me, if this shite were an Olympic sport we, the Brits would piss it every 4 years! I really feel for you on this issue, it drives me insane, we see it every day up & down the land. To cap it all, the immigrants that flock to our shores (legal or not) know this and readily exploit our generousity. My ex worked in this field and the stories she used to bring home you couldn't make up!