Spartans Home

So, what next

KalXen~SPARTA~

Starting to ponder some ideas of what to do now in Minecraft. We have played it in many ways, from having a city that we can continue to build upon, to survival modes, to explore modes, etc. Given that 1.0 is out, MAYBE it will stay stable enough so not to have to change maps too often.

Some ideas have crossed minds:

• Tyler pointed out McMMO, which basically lets us turn a server into a RPG.
  • Fully Creative server - just build stuff. (meh)
  • More survival weekends - maybe come up with new rules or goals. I saw a mod that will track your total lives.. when you run out of lives you get temporarily banned from server giving some sort of negative consequence.
  • PvP - never really did this much, but could be interesting to do some kind of game. Spleef, cannon war, CTF
  • Survive waves of Mobs - idea to find a bukkit mod that allows us to take on waves of the horde and see if we can survive it for how long.

All very good ideas Kal.

I wouldn't mind playing them all.

I do think since this is 1.0 and looks like it will stay that way for a long while, that we set up a server where we can build. Not creative, but just build and survive. I want to see how far up I can get my xp. And how epic my player can become.

I do think we should set a night for the waves of enemies. That definitly sounds like fun.

• More survival weekends - maybe come up with new rules or goals. I saw a mod that will track your total lives.. when you run out of lives you get temporarily banned from server giving some sort of negative consequence.
  • PvP - never really did this much, but could be interesting to do some kind of game. Spleef, cannon war, CTF
  • Survive waves of Mobs - idea to find a bukkit mod that allows us to take on waves of the horde and see if we can survive it for how long.

1. Saw that particular mod myself. It's worth a go I'd say.

2. I've never really put thought into Minecraft CTF but now you've got me intrigued... Capture the Dragon Egg, perhaps?

3. Didn't we do this already in The End? Round 1 - Enderman, Round 2 - Creepers! star-wars.gif

I do think since this is 1.0 and looks like it will stay that way for a long while, that we set up a server where we can build. Not creative, but just build and survive. I want to see how far up I can get my xp. And how epic my player can become.

Maybe it's time to revisit multiple servers? Speaking of.. I've one up with the latest Dev build of Bukkit if ya'll want to give it a go. Vanilla bukkit seems... different, better, now.

Oh, and I can't wait for this mod to be active for 1.0. Wanna try it.

http://www.minecraft...here-simulator/

This thing was freaking EPIC on 1.8! bowing.gif

Very interesting map concept now on minecraft.legionofsparta.net:2400

• The world is broken up into chunks, spaced by chunks of air. If you fall in, you fall through the world and die and lose everything on you. So careful footing.
  • The world is on difficulty mode 1, so you need to eat. I might boost this to difficulty 2 with harder mobs and must eat or die, but...(see next)
  • Since the world has much "air" space, the # of mobs that spawn are the same but are on less land.. so they are concentrated to kill you. EMT has already seen that combat is crazy w/ 2-3 mobs on you at a time.
  • The land chunks are all set up in a mirror fashion, so the left hand of the map is same as the right hand. There is a mushroom biome, and a large mountain biome on opposite ends to add some spice. Melons and pumpkins have been set up for fairness.

Goal:

Since the map is set up with two sides, I'm kind of wondering about making a team vs team game somehow, where you have to build upon your own chunks, but the shared chunks near and around the spawn could be free for all and available for a little PVP. The goal could be the first team to kill the Enderdragon wins, or first team that has someone to level 50 XP (hard but possible w/o killing Enderdragon). I'm going to look around Bukkit to see if I can find some team based addons.