Spartans Home

pc keeps rebooting

usthomsen~SPARTA~

Sorry to just butt in ;)

We have seen a number of incidents similar to this for different games where there is an issue with either an old version of the graphics driver or the sound card driver.

Have you updated you driver set recently. If not, might want to give that a try.

Hope it helps,

Hi to everyone at Sparta

Samurai

hey sam long time no talk. hope everything is well

everything is up to date but today the g.-card took a dump so now the pc is DEAD

i was thinking about the gpu driver though cos i remember updating to a version and WoT ran flawless. Then they released a new driver and WoT startet rebooting again. Wasn´t untill yesterday that i came to realize that. Anyway i need a new gpu now and bankaccount is empty so i am on the laptop for now and my sons pc.

Thx for all the advice really apriciated

Not when the hardware is bought from our food money. Wife wasn´t happy to say the least Lol!

The ram is givin me a lot of greef. The new ram is acting up now, won´t let me boot up the pc so just removed them and put the old ones back in. Not the first time i am having problems with new ram.

New gpu and latest driver but still the pc reboots.

sux !!

Try this ge the Cmos battery out 5 sec then Reboot .(and ?)

only change in Bios witch u are 100 percent sure for the hardware u got .

Ram on 1.5 v never hurt nobody try this .. (is this dual channel or triple ? )

if u have more then one HD(isk) unplug all but OS.( put HD before dvd)

What cooling u got there , is it hot @your palace, (related.. ) clean what u can clean ? .

check your cables for ; not tomutch on the same wire V12 power (that new GPU is gonne ask power too ..)

finally os (win) dvd repair see how that goes .. (chkdsk)

greetz

maybe bios updates / marvell 91xx / ect ... howmutch power does the 6870 need ? and what connection(s) ?

Edited by EBE

You never said if you adjusted the mem voltage! beatdeadhorse.gif

Exactly it´s like beating a dead horse. I did adjust it. Right after you told me to.

I also updatet the bios on the mobo and checked voltage. The new gpu uses less power than the the power sapping ATI 4890 did so i really don´t think its a power issue as i can can run much more demanding games all day.